Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor *Pictures & Videos* EVS Motors Model X Projects Thread - Tint, Clearbra/PPF, Vinyl Wraps, Ceramic Coatings, Wheels, and Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

This thread is going to be an on-going compilation of pics and vids (mainly vids since I started video documenting our projects) of X's we've completed, so members can get a better idea on how something might turn on for their X if they get the same service/products. Here's some basic info I want to address that will get commonly asked. Here's some basic info I want to address that I think will get commonly asked.

• Tints we use are either Photosync or Ceraluxe in these pictures, unless otherwise noted. Incredible high heat rejecting window films. Photosync & Ceraluxe
  • Our matte/satin clearbra is Satin Guard. This is the best looking matte/satin clearbra. We've experimented with many and this is the best (currently).
  • Check with your state tint laws before deciding on a shade for your X. We're located in Houston, TX, so the shades we commonly use, may not be legal where you live.
  • The color of the films will differ from brand to brand, but the darkness should be very similar assuming the % are exact (35% vs 35%)
  • It gets pretty crazy during the day here, so we don't always get the best angles possible, hence why I'll keep adding more pictures so you get an overall idea how the shade % looks.

Content you can expect to see on X's that I'll show:

• Window Tint
  • Clearbra/PPF/Paint Protection
  • Vinyl Wraps
  • Chrome Deletes
  • Center Console/Dash Wraps
  • Aftermarket Rims
  • Ceramic Coating/Paint Correction
  • Paint work
There may be more but these will be probably the main ones since we do these the most. Basically anything X related, I'll post here so if someone happens to be in the market for the same thing, hopefully seeing it on another X will help you make up your mind. If you have any questions leave them here and I'll try to answer them. If you want to buy products like wheels or aero kits, or you're in Houston and want us to work on your car (we'd love to!) chat with us live on our website www.evsmotors.com and the sales team will help because any messages on this thread or to PM's will get missed.

Never knew pink could look this good. Rose gold Model X with satin black chrome delete. Truly a perfect combination of fun and class. Reminds me of Apple’s rose gold finish but in a glossy, glass-like finish. What do you think!
~2:41 mark

potential 3.JPG
potential 2.JPG
potential 4.JPG
potential.JPG

We are grateful to be able to help JW Marriott Houston Downtown with their shuttle X. They wanted to vinyl wrap the entire X in something clean/modern and still be able to act as a moving billboard for their hotel. Now it can be seen downtown driving clients around.
Besides the vinyl wrap, pictures also show Vossen's HC1 custom, forged wheels specifically made for the Model X.
JW Marriot Houston Downtown Tesla Model X-10-X3.jpg

JW Marriot Houston Downtown Tesla Model X-13-X3.jpg

JW Marriot Houston Downtown Tesla Model X-17-X3.jpg

JW Marriot Houston Downtown Tesla Model X-46-X3.jpg

This is a little different! Typically I use vinyl wrap to do a chrome delete since it's temporary, but I definitely am liking the look of painting the chrome pieces on this X. Even got the door handles color matched to the pearl white. I'm convinced color matched door handles on Teslas is the way to go. Painted the T logos in a sporty gloss red to make it pop.

I think pictures came out a little dark since it's indoors but once we're done with everything, I'll try to take some better shots outside in the sunlight.

We're tinting the whole car in Photosync (sides/back, front windshield), clearbra protecting the whole car in ClearGuard Nano, and doing a paint correction and ceramic coating as well. Check out my other threads to see shots of those work in progress as we begin.

DSC02096.JPG

DSC02098.JPG

DSC02101.JPG

DSC02102.JPG

DSC02106.JPG

DSC02109.JPG

What a project and it's finally done! Stock Tesla Model X and completely upgraded the look of the car. Entire X wrapped in Satin Guard (PPF) to turn the Midnight SIlver into a matte, satin, and translucent finish that doesn’t wash out the color like other films do, but enhances it. Now that it looks sportier, I had to do a chrome delete to go along with the new color, along with some red custom painted badges to tie it all in. Photosync window film, to keep the car cool and to maximize range efficiency. Let me know what you think of this build:

his is going to be unique! Special opportunity to work with The Westin Medical Center Hotel to design their new Model X they just received. It’s going to be a shuttle car for them to drive around guests at the hotel. We’ve doing something different for this X than we’ve ever done before. Check out what’s to be done in this newest vlog (work starts ~ 3:20 mark)

It’s finally done! Our collaboration with The Westin Houston Medical Center and their Tesla Model X is a wrap. In this new daily vlog, we see the final results, and it’s definitely one of the most unique X’s we’ve ever done (and most illuminating!) This will be a shuttle vehicle for all their guests, so we can’t wait to see this rolling around in Houston. Hopefully this gives you some ideas/inspirations to do something fun to your Tesla. (~5:15 mark)

Last edited:
This is something unique...Model X with interior trim pieces wrapped in this really stylish black vinyl. Has almost an elegant look to it!

love stealthy X’s! Never gets old no matter how many we do. Here’s a X we just finished wrapping the entire car in Satin Guard w/ chrome delete.

White Model X owners thinking about chrome deleting--check this out:

Here’s a white one going for a Stormtrooper color theme with the satin black black out. Mainly everything was vinyl wrapped except the badges which were painted (painting on badges is the way to go). It’s always interesting to see how a change in the small trims of a car can completely affect the entire look.

We also tinted it with 33% on the front windows, 20% in the back windows in Ceraluxe, and Photosync 70% on the front windshield. Gives you an idea what to expect in terms of darkness, especially for the back. Notice how even though the back is already dark from factory, with the 20%, it's still pretty clear inside looking out.

What a fun project!

This X was originally pearl white, but we wrapped with Satin Guard so it turned into a satin pearl white. Now we went to the other end of the spectrum with satin psychedelic! What a fun color, and what I love about this is that on gloomy days, it's very subtle. The grayish tone takes over. But when the sun's out, all the vibrant colors come out! Subtle and bright all at the same time.

We also did a gloss black chrome delete and installed Brixton Forged RF10 wheels to complete the entire look.

What do you think?

Some pictures of the setup.
i-fnv2LhD-X5.jpg

i-gJhGkgw-X5.jpg

i-rFbqKbq-X5.jpg

i-Wmg5dDn-X5.jpg

It's always fun doing Model X vinyl wrap projects, because it seems whatever wrap we use works incredibly well with the shape of the car. Here's the ever so popular satin black with some red accents. Complimentary Vossen HF2 wheels in the same color to tie everything together.

This was a fun X project. Hermès inspired color scheme!

We kept with our popular satin black chrome delete but with some an accent color on the logos.

For the T logos and the calipers, we went with a paint matched Hermès orange since the client is a big fan of the brand. Very unique color combo that you don’t see too often.

See what you think!

~4:01 mark start of X project

With Texas heating up, there's many of us getting tint done for our first time. So here's a brief video for anyone who's about to go pick up their car after getting it tinted and want to know what to expect & how to check their tint for a quality job. We quickly talk about the curing process, as well as some general things you may notice after your car is freshly tinted that new tint owners may not be aware of.

cool pics!

sorry, didn't want to spam your thread, i'll delete if you want...

...but any idea of how to get this wrap:
That's plastidip, so it's not a wrap but a spray on. I personally don't recommend plasti dip but if you want it, just google plastidip installers in your area and they can help.

I'm sure there's colors similar to this, in a wrap, if you want to go that route. Just check out your local vinyl wrap installer and see their swatch book.

Last edited:
cool pics!

sorry, didn't want to spam your thread, i'll delete if you want...

...but any idea of how to get this wrap:

That's plastidip, so it's not a wrap but a spray on. I personally don't recommend plasti dip but if you want it, just google plastidip installers in your area.
Yep, I know that is plastidip per the video title, was just wondering if you knew of a wrap like this?