TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pikes Peak Hillclimb Rally June 29 2014 Who's Going?!

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by BP_Tesl@, Feb 24, 2014.

1. BP_Tesl@

BP_Tesl@ Member

2013PPIHC_LoebAtFinish.jpg

Is anyone in CO (or anyone from out of state) going to be attending this years hillclimb event? Would anyone be interested in meeting up for Fan Fest and possibly do a group photo shoot? More info on the event:
    http://www.ppihc.com/

Let me know if you're going and I'll start a roll call!
    Tim

2. reddy

reddy Member

I'd come if a Supercharger is operational in Trinidad by then. Any word on when it will be available? It would add some diversity if you have some Texas plates in the photo....

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Looks like an early morning/all night adventure to get a parking and viewing spot up high...

From 2014 Spectator Guide | PPIHC:

4. BP_Tesl@

BP_Tesl@ Member

I think it's a Colorado right of passage to watch this race in person! :cool:

The Fan Fest for the race is actually the event that I wanted to have a meet-up at. Here is some info about the Fan Fest:

I am trying to talk to some organizers and vendors that I know who might be able to give everyone their own designated Tesla parking area. If I can get enough cars I think I can make this happen. I will also be doing some event cover

5. BP_Tesl@

BP_Tesl@ Member

I have a couple of local owners who might be going, anyone else interested?

6. Velo1

Velo1 Member

I am organizing the Mt. Evans Tesla Rally, which will be June 7th, so come join us for that event, and then go we'll go watch Pikes Peak, too.

See my thread on the Mt. Evans Rally, too.

7. kjohnsen1320

kjohnsen1320 New Member

Yes, I'm going out....haven't seen the race since 1958. I plan to get be there 6/27 - 7/3. Driving out from Lake Forest, IL. Taking I-90 because there are no Superchargers on I-80. This adds 300 miles to the trip (1390 vs 1185 miles).

- - - Updated - - -

Oooops...typo! I meant 1390 vs 1085