Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pillar cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yep, had it a few times myself...and it was condensation. I keep my car in the garage, never drove it in heavy rain, and never washed it for the 3+ weeks I've owned it. Ranger said it's a flaw in the design and we are stuck with it. Getting pissed I cannot use all my features I PAID for!

Maybe remove the pillar trim that includes the camera and create a seal with foam rubber that at least lowers the risk of condensation buildup? I've only ever had the direct sunlight issue, but not really sure how Tesla could mitigate that, other than adding Lidar as backup if the cameras are inoperable. But we know that won't happen.

• Funny
Reactions: Velcade
I have had this issue occur for two reasons that I have discovered (so far).
The condensate is the first and most common reason. Doesn't happen a lot but it happens enough that I've gotten used to it.

The other reason is the sun's angle. Depending on the season and what time of day I am driving and the direction, sometimes the sun is low enough in the sky, and the camera has a clear view of the sun, the camera will get "blinded by the light"... hmmm that phrase might make a good song...