TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pilot Sport 4S vs Pilot Super Sport

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by SPXMike, May 31, 2018.

1. SPXMike

SPXMike Member

Hi all,
    I have 20" aftermarket rims on my P85+ so I can run a square pattern (245/40/20). I've had good luck running Mich Pilot Super Sports but it is time to retire them. Looking at the Michelin web site it looks like the PS4S is the next thing, destined to replace the PSS.

Anyone have any experience running PS4S?

2. phaphaphooey

phaphaphooey Member

I do on my Porsche. In Porsche land the consensus is that the PSS and the PS4S are mostly comparable in the dry with some believing that the PS4S is a little down on dry traction to the old PSS. However, everyone agrees that wet traction is better on the PS4S when compared to the PSS.

• Informative x 2
  3. SPXMike

SPXMike Member

@phaphaphooey Thank you! Here in Southern California rain is pretty rare but when it does happen it's good to know the PS4S can handle it. Appreciate the response.

4. phaphaphooey

phaphaphooey Member

I haven't taken mine out in rain yet but they have been comparable to my old Michelin Pilot Sports prior to that. You really cannot go wrong with a Michelin tire. If only they weren't so expensive.....

• Like x 1