Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pilot Super Sport 245 in front and 285 in rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I need front and rear tires and want to go with Pilot Super Sports.

Does anyone know if you can fit 285/35ZR21's in the rear?

I have the staggered 21" setup.

P.S. Does anyone know if the speedometer uses the front or rear tires? Reason I'm asking is with this setup the rears will be taller.

Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

I need front and rear tires and want to go with Pilot Super Sports.

Does anyone know if you can fit 285/35ZR21's in the rear?

I have the staggered 21" setup.

P.S. Does anyone know if the speedometer uses the front or rear tires? Reason I'm asking is with this setup the rears will be taller.

Thank you!
try searching (icon in the upper right corner) the forum for thread related to this. I am sure there are tons of it.

I did, wasn't able to find anything specific on 285/35ZR21 but I eventually found my answer.... No, you cannot put 285/35ZR21, they will likely rub. You could on the other hand put 285/30ZR21 on the rears. This is assuming you have staggered 21" rims.

The 285/30R21 PSS's were only in Florida and would have taken too long to get to California so I went with the stock staggered sizes. PSS in front and PS2 in rear. The PSS's by the way have even better grip that the PS2's, they've been amazing so far. :)

FYI, I just ordered a set of 245 and 265 Michelin Super Sports from the TireRack.com. They are not showing up on the website yet but they expect to receive a delivery on Oct 1 and you can place a pre-order that will be released when they arrive. One of their sales guys Mason at 888-353-5082 x4692 and he knows the situation and can place the order.

It interesting to note that these new ones are special for Tesla with acoustic foam inside.

• Informative
Reactions: Model S M.D.