Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pilot Super Sports for the 21" staggered wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have asked people to do this once before, being as there are a whole bunch of P85Ds with the staggered setup, I wanted to ask again.

I have been a big fan of the Michelin Pilot Super Sports (PSS) for several years and find they do real well in the wet, have great performance and handling and greater longevity compared to the PS2s. The PSS are not currently available for the 265 rears on the 21" staggered setup on the Model S. I contacted Michelin and the feeling I got was that it might be a consideration if there was enough continued interest in the PSS in the 265 size. So if you have the 21" wheels would you please consider filling out this short form on the Michelin website to request them to consider making the Pilot Super Sports for our 21" wheels? I figure the more options we have the better. Thank you for your time:

http://us.michelinman.com/US/en/help/contact.html

This is an excellent idea. I have run Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my sports sedans since the PS2 (2010 Cadillac CTS-V). I think they are outstanding tires in the wet and dry and they don't beat you up like some others in the max performance category. I will say that I've blown more than my share on the terrible roads here on Long Island but I doubt any other tire would fare any better.

I dont think they are going to stop making the PS2's, they go in and out of stock all the time.
I have ran this size on my last two Audis and each time I ordered them I got "lucky you got the last ones" response from my wholesaler.
By far they are the best tires available in a 21, they are SUPER grippy in wet, ride smooth and last a long time.

Tampaukfan,

This isn't about the PS2s becoming not available, it is trying to get additional options to the PS2s. I have had both on multiple cars. Personally I find the Pilot Super Sports to at least match the performance of the PS2s, be quieter, have better handling in the wet and have longer tread life. It would just be a win win if we could have the choice of putting either on our cars. The only way to make that likely is if Michelin knows that their would be interest in the PSS for our cars.

This is an excellent idea. I have run Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my sports sedans since the PS2 (2010 Cadillac CTS-V). I think they are outstanding tires in the wet and dry and they don't beat you up like some others in the max performance category. I will say that I've blown more than my share on the terrible roads here on Long Island but I doubt any other tire would fare any better.

Small world. I also run Pilot Super Sports on my CTS-V. They are an unbeatable combo of dry and wet performance, and the great wear is an added bonus. I would have preferred the PSS for the P85D I'll take delivery of early next month, but I opted for 20s and there's no good front size in the PSS yet. So I will run the ContiSportContact 5P.