Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PIN to drive glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I encountered the strangest glitch on my 2022 Y LR yesterday and I’m wondering if I’m the only one. I was entering a national park in my area to take advantage of the unseasonably warm and sunny weather and stopped at the kiosk to pay for parking. The kiosk is situated so that you have to exit your car to pay. I put it in park, get out and get my ticket, then sit down and enter my PIN to drive. It asks for my PIN again…and again…rinse and repeat, more times than I could count. Each time I entered it correctly, it would act like it was good to go, then asked for my PIN again. I was blocking the entrance to the park, but I was stuck, so I put on my hazards and luckily only one person had to go around me in the opposing lane around the divider in that time. The PIN pad was was popping up every second or so, but finally I was somehow able to quickly turn off PIN to drive in one of those one second windows and was able to actually put my car in drive and move along. I went on a lovely 1.5 hour walk and when I got back to my car all seemed to be fine. Hasn’t happened since. I did get an update today, but I didn’t catch the details. Maybe a patch? Has anyone else encountered this? It was exceedingly frustrating.
Side note: if you’re ever in Oregon near Mt. Hood, make sure you stop by Wildwood Rec Area!

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
Did this happen to you again?

My new at has the same glitch except when setting the pin. I’m trying to set a pin but every time I pop in the pin I want, it asks to enter a pin again and again in an endless cycle. Never registers the pin that I want.

Already tried a soft reboot.

Edit: Never mind. Clicked the link below (Enter Your Tesla Credentials to reset pin). Afterwards, it took my desired pin and didn’t give me the endless loop.

Last edited:
I encountered the strangest glitch on my 2022 Y LR yesterday and I’m wondering if I’m the only one. I was entering a national park in my area to take advantage of the unseasonably warm and sunny weather and stopped at the kiosk to pay for parking. The kiosk is situated so that you have to exit your car to pay. I put it in park, get out and get my ticket, then sit down and enter my PIN to drive. It asks for my PIN again…and again…rinse and repeat, more times than I could count. Each time I entered it correctly, it would act like it was good to go, then asked for my PIN again. I was blocking the entrance to the park, but I was stuck, so I put on my hazards and luckily only one person had to go around me in the opposing lane around the divider in that time. The PIN pad was was popping up every second or so, but finally I was somehow able to quickly turn off PIN to drive in one of those one second windows and was able to actually put my car in drive and move along. I went on a lovely 1.5 hour walk and when I got back to my car all seemed to be fine. Hasn’t happened since. I did get an update today, but I didn’t catch the details. Maybe a patch? Has anyone else encountered this? It was exceedingly frustrating.
Side note: if you’re ever in Oregon near Mt. Hood, make sure you stop by Wildwood Rec Area!
Never had that issue, we use pin to drivevwhenever we go into the city.

Just a suggestion, buy most glitches like that can be fixed, at least temporarily by rebooting.

Hold Down both buttons on the steering wheel until the screen goes blank. It will restart in less than a minute.

Never had that issue, we use pin to drive whenever we go into the city.

Just a suggestion, buy most glitches like that can be fixed, at least temporarily by rebooting.

Hold Down both buttons on the steering wheel until the screen goes blank. It will restart in less than a minute