Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PIN to Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Pin to Drive feature. Starting with ver 2018.32.4
Controls > Settings > Safety & Security > Pin to Drive

PIN to Drive.jpg

PIN to Drive 2.jpg

I wish they could just spend the time fixing stuff and focusing next version / major requested features (USB playback issues, remain unlocked at location, etc.) rather than adding these useless features nobody asked for.

With your 2018 cars you are not the target of this "feature". Some of us are. I'd prefer to not have my car possibly stolen around town because of a known security blind spot. So not a useless feature. And since they know about the security threat they are potentially liable too (in this country).

Reactions: moodel_tree
My pin to drive interface is feeezed. No feedback when touching the numbers, the allow is not turning blue, and the first digit is visible on it. Itherwise it is working....

Press and hold the brake pedal and hold down the two thumbwheels on the steering wheel, for a reset. BTW, have you got anything plugged into to either of the USB sockets? I had a phone that would cause the MCU to freeze when plugged into the car.

Reactions: Akikiki
Press and hold the brake pedal and hold down the two thumbwheels on the steering wheel, for a reset. BTW, have you got anything plugged into to either of the USB sockets? I had a phone that would cause the MCU to freeze when plugged into the car.
I haven’t reset yet. It was ok for a few times, then I have parked the car for 5 days plugged in at the airport, then the fun has started. Definitely will try the reset tho.

After reset I have been almost shut out from my car. Absolutely unreadable pin to drive interface. After many reset I was able to disable the feature, so the car is driveable. However the characters are messed up in the settings, and in the navi....great...

Last edited:
After reset I have been almost shut out from my car. Absolutely unreadable pin to drive interface. After many reset I was able to disable the feature, so the car is driveable. However the characters are messed up in the settings, and in the navi....great...
That sounds like something you should raise with Tesla. I know a few people with v9 have seen garbled text on their screens but nobody in Europe should have to disable P2D, in order to use their car.

As it happens, my MCU froze yesterday, as I was entering the PIN. The car was completely unresponsive for about a minute and then rebooted - but it was OK after that.