Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PIN to drive

Are you using PIN to drive?

• Yes

Votes: 101 79.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • What is PIN to drive?

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not useful for SC so much but...

The car has Valet mode, which disables PIN, limits speed to 80 and I think locks the frunk. So if they don't need to get under the frunk you can just use valet mode.
Was just about to mention this.
No need to disable pin, or change it after handing it over...

Once car is finished with at SC, valet mode can be disabled in app (allowing you to resecure the car until you collect)

That's probably a good option

Always remember this. It's the same as the reason the govt shouldn't have back doors into encryption: If the govt have it, thieves and fraudsters* soon will, too.

*Always assuming you don't consider them one and the same lol
Sure but it's also a basic tenant of IT security that you never give your PW to anyone and no one in admin should ever have a need to ask for it in a properly configured system. Do the admin users where you work ask for your PW when they do maintenance?

Reactions: CMc1
Sure but it's also a basic tenant of IT security that you never give your PW
(password)...
But we do routinely hand it over i.e. Teslafi,
ev energy, Tasker, tesla Dashboard, tesla Screen,. All want your username/password or token either way its like lending them your keys. From that they will know where you are parked, unlock, disable pin to drive (from phone) and drive off (if they can get charge plug out).

Sure but it's also a basic tenant of IT security that you never give your PW to anyone and no one in admin should ever have a need to ask for it in a properly configured system. Do the admin users where you work ask for your PW when they do maintenance?

Stupidly I read the official Tesla owners club (not this website) ask for your Tesla email and password so they can validate you are a real owner - muppets going against all the best advice on the subject

As for bluetooth - I don't know if they've fixed it but Model 3's weren't locking even if the mobile phone was inside the persons house because it was still in range. Cause a few people problems for a while so I don't think its correct to say you need to be really close, I think thats only NFC type comms and I guess the N for Near is the clue.