TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Pinehurst Resort - North Carolina

Discussion in 'North America' started by Sccn, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Sccn

Sccn Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    I will be at the Pinehurst Resort (no, it is for work ... and the Golf clubs will stay at home) in a few weeks and had asked them about charging my MS85, so I can have a relaxed return.

They told me the following - which is really nice - and included this picture. It looks different than the NEMA 14-30 and 14-50 (I made an adaptor 14-30 to be used, so I have both).

Does this fit the 112 V home adapter? So I just plug in the one I got from Tesla and it will work?

It reads 20A - 125V - 5-20 (where the 5-20 could be the NEMA designation).

They wrote in the nice reply email..... NEMA Pinehurst photo.JPG "We do have a charger available, however, you will need to bring your own cord. There is no charge for the use of it. Please let me know if you have any further questions. "

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Great news. Please let us know if this/these are only at the hotels (for guests only?), or if they are also at the golf course parking areas. Have fun!
  3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Austin, TX
    You are right, it's a NEMA 5-20. Tesla makes an adapter for this which will pull 16A and give you about 5 miles/hr. If you don't want to buy that, you could use the 5-15 (normal 120V adapter) that came with the UMC which draws 12A and get 3 miles/hr.
    Tesla Gear Shop NEMA 5-20
  4. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Feb 27, 2013
    There also seems to be a J1772 charger nearby on Plugshare ... Village Green.

I do wish Tesla would lower the prices on their charge adapters... they seem to be, well, about 5x what they should cost.
  5. TI Sailor

TI Sailor Member

May 4, 2013
    Treasure Island, FL
    Seems like a golf resort the size of Pinehurst would have dozens of 220-240V outlets...