Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pininfarina EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 80 MPH top speed? Otherwise the specs sound pretty reminiscent of the (limited) info we've heard on WhiteStar.

I noticed it says "four seats" rather than four doors. So they could be doing a 2+2.

I wonder about the batteries they are using, what their energy density is.

Amazing that Pininfarina a car Designer that Designs cars would make an announcemnet without showing a Design...

I've owned 5 different cars from their studios and apprecialted many more so I look forward to what they come up with.

Amazing that Pininfarina a car Designer that Designs cars would make an announcemnet without showing a Design...

We might be able to thank Tesla for causing such a "stir" in the industry that so many established companies have felt compelled to suddenly jump into this space (even if they didn't have a product already underway).

Last edited:
Ok so the Fetish was no real competition for the Roadster. Maybe Pininfarina can design a 4 seater to make the Whitestar designers go one better.

There's no-one out there pushing Tesla on BEV systems, and there needs to be.

Last edited:
Actually the French automakers has been making limited number of EV for a long time. The only problem now is bothersome batteries... They require too much maintenance for my liking, and are kind of delicate.
Hopefully Renault or Peugot got something up their sleeve in not too short time.

Cobos

Pininfarina EV

_45073849_b3dbf5df-5fc5-42f3-aef7-198c6c93ac2e.jpg

Pininfarina B0 Electric Car: 153 Mile Range, 80 MPH Top Speed!

Pininfarina-Bo.jpg

medium_2907780346_9e69c3f907_o.jpg

Reading through the BBC article someone should tell that Bentley executive about the Tesla Roadster, an all electric car with more than 50 miles range...

As to the Pininfarina EV, I like the design and the specs looks pretty decent. The only thing missing is PRICE which has been conspicously absent from the press release :)

Cobos

The stuff about Supercapacitors and Solar panels gives me the jitters. What problem do they solve? Pricey and pointless.

The ultracapacitors can absorb more energy than can batteries during regenerative braking and can also give back that power to the motor faster. Using them as a buffer allows for a slightly smaller battery pack and extends the life of the battery as well. The Aptera is supposed to have the same kind of set-up and the AFS Trinity demonstrator does as well.

I personally like the solar panel idea a lot. I knoow its more practical to have them on your house and all that but I like the way they lot on the BØ, especially on the fascia. Plus, I only drive 6 miles many days so it's less plugging in for me. Some EVs are using the solar on the roof to help with cabin temperature so that not so much air con is needed in summer and less heat in winter.

Last edited:
News of delays

Pininfarina delays prototype showing of B0 electric car

After showcasing its rather cute B0 electric car at the Paris Motor Show last year, the company was slated to debut a prototype with a working engine at next week's show in Geneva. Instead, it'll be hosting up that same B0 shell as before, with an undisclosed inside source noting that lingering debt problems were forcing the delay