Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pink foam under the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

Yesterday, I found pink foam under the car on the driver side. This is not on both side of the car, only one side. Any idea what this is?

Video on: Model Y pink foam

Thanks!

Edit: car drives great, has 5K miles. Just wondering if this is normal or require attention.

Attachments

• IMG_5345.jpeg
    IMG_5345.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Informative
Reactions: Double_J
It is hard when I touch it, yep. What is weird is that it is only on one side of the vehicle, not on the other side. I was afraid it was some problem with the battery but it might be totally normal (I have a 320 miles range showed when charged at 100% so unlikely there is a battery issue here).

Hey folks,

Yesterday, I found pink foam under the car on the driver side. This is not on both side of the car, only one side. Any idea what this is?

Video on: Model Y pink foam

Thanks!

Edit: car drives great, has 5K miles. Just wondering if this is normal or require attention.
I believe this is normal. I have the same thing underneath my car, and it is also similar underneath the model 3. Yours does look a little messier than others, but that should just be a cosmetic thing.

I recently watched most of the Sandy Munro MY tear down vids and when he took apart the battery and the undercarriage panel that protects the battery packs, there wasn't any adhesive in that color. The adhesives holding the cells in the packs were a sea foam / light blue color and the adhesives that held the undercarriage panel to the packs was white.

Now, his MY was an early build so perhaps they changed the color of the adhesive...?

I say it never hurts to schedule an SC appointment with that pic and see what they say.

Will do! I am in the middle of moving from CA to CO but once I am done with housing, I will send a request to the service center and post the results of the convo here.
send service request through the app and use the app to take a picture. they will see the picture and respond through the app or text or call

Update: SC said it is probably ok and want to cancel the appointment. I asked them what it is and did not have an answer so far.

Note: The SF Service Center seems way way better than the Denver one.

Official answer from the Service Center (in case other people see the same thing and wonder).

"Hello, the sealant adhesive you see under the battery are all normal no need to worry about this. If you have no further question i will go ahead and cancel this service visit. Have a great day."

So, all good!

Official answer from the Service Center (in case other people see the same thing and wonder).

"Hello, the sealant adhesive you see under the battery are all normal no need to worry about this. If you have no further question i will go ahead and cancel this service visit. Have a great day."

So, all good!

Within Spec strikes again! :cool:

Glad all was well for the OP.

Screenshot_20200305-193619_Gallery.jpg