Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pinout Model S Headlight?

RealAsh

Jul 31, 2019
UK
Hi Guys!

New to the forum. Wondered if anyone can help on this issue. in the UK, replacing the driver side headlamp. Does anyone know the pinout or colors for the wires for the motor on the adaptive headlight? Its a smaller connector, pic attached

Thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-07-30 at 12.01.19(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-07-30 at 12.01.19(1).jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 115

Hank42

Legacy Supporter
Sep 30, 2012
United States - NY
Hi Guys!

New to the forum. Wondered if anyone can help on this issue. in the UK, replacing the driver side headlamp. Does anyone know the pinout or colors for the wires for the motor on the adaptive headlight? Its a smaller connector, pic attached

Thanks!
What connector is that? That does not look like a headlamp connector - can you show a picture of what it was plugged into?

SwedishSILKY

Sep 4, 2019
Sweden
Sorry for picking up pick this thread but anyone knows what happens if the connector is not plugged in?
I live in Sweden and I just bought a pair of LED headlights from US and the right headlight does not have the connector for self leveling, but the left one does. Does the headlights even have a motor inside? I never seen my light image moving, just the "adaptive" light that are lit up when moving the steering wheel.

Mikkel_V

Jul 14, 2019
Denmark
Sorry for picking up pick this thread but anyone knows what happens if the connector is not plugged in?
I live in Sweden and I just bought a pair of LED headlights from US and the right headlight does not have the connector for self leveling, but the left one does. Does the headlights even have a motor inside? I never seen my light image moving, just the "adaptive" light that are lit up when moving the steering wheel.

Did you eventually find a solution for this, I’m having the same challenge...?

kgogo

May 10, 2020
Geo
IGNORE my previous post!

So....this is doing my head in. This morning I tested each wire on the left headlamp (refresh/face lift with LED lights). There are 9 wires in the harness/plug but only 6 pins in the socket (see photos attached). The only thing I figured out was the turn signal. I can't work out the DRL, headlamp, or high beam. None of these voltages changed with with the high beam. I didn't test voltages on the right as I was staring to get a little frustrated and decided it would be better to ask for help than compromise any more wire insulation.

For the LEFT side:
1 - Red/White..........+7.8V
2 - Purple/White......+11.1V to +12.1V (when car powered up)
3 - Red/Pink............0
4 - Grey...................+12V turn signal
5 - Red....................0
6 - Red/Black...........+12V (?switched)
7 - Brown.................+12V constant
8 - Black...................Earth
9 - Black...................Earth

For the RIGHT side:
1 - Red/Pink
2- White/Black
3 - Blue/White
4 - Green
5 - Brown
6 - Red/Grey
7 - Purple
8 - Black
9 - Black

Any help/advice on how to find the high beam would be helpful.

This is the plug model number: DJ7141-1.5/3.5-21

Marty

View attachment 188898 View attachment 188899 View attachment 188900 View attachment 188901
Hello
I am very interesting did you find out what pins must be changed in headlight connector? Is it any success?

timofei

Jun 29, 2021
Taiwan
[BUMP]
More specifically, we know that the >2016 headlights are controlled by the LIN bus. Has anyone, or _CAN_ someone with a >2016 car, sniff the LIN bus and post codes for:
Turning headlight on, off, dimming DRL, turning DRL off etc.?

I don't have access to a 2016 to sniff it myself. I have a project in mind.
Hi, Have you got the code?I have logged the data but it seems these data can't turn on the headlamp.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC