Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pinstripes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I got a little bored today and decided to put pin\racing stripes on my car, just to mix things up a bit. I’ve been thinking about experimenting with some stripes for a while, but couldn’t find any good examples/photos on the web of other Model 3’s with decent looking stripes. So when I stumbled on this one, I decided to give it a try. I figure at only $15, no big loss if I don’t like the result and can simply pull it right off.

To be perfectly clear, I did not post this thread to get opinions or validation from anyone. This is strictly for the benefit of those who are a little curious what their ride would look like with stripes, have an open mind and want to have a little fun experimenting with some temporary graphics/stripes.

Not sure how long I’ll keep these stripes... probably a few months until I get bored and want to try something else.
In the meantime, enjoy!!! Hope it inspires someone to do a little experimenting of their own and have some fun with their vehicle!!

F2F17886-0514-4351-8179-0CE5FDFAF59F.jpeg

AB450452-8BD4-41D8-9415-1CA5219D9CD8.jpeg

3B45D03C-657E-49FD-9DAB-FD4F6E8FD4E7.jpeg

Kinda looks like BMW racing stripes ;)

Its similar but not quite. BMW M colors are a light blue, rark blue, and red... there isnt a grey color in the BMW M iconic 3 color stripe thing.

Of course, only people really (really) familiar with BMW will likely know that. Most would look at those stripes and see BMW M coloring, just like you mention.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Thanks, guys. I was really surprised how well these racing stripes actually fit the lines/contour of the Model 3. Every day I see it on my vehicle, I like it more and more. Not that I was looking for or need it, but I’ve gotten a ton of compliments from strangers about how unique yet tasteful it makes my vehicle look in a sea of cookie-cutter Model 3’s.

Reactions: P85_DA
So, I got a little bored today and decided to put pin\racing stripes on my car, just to mix things up a bit. I’ve been thinking about experimenting with some stripes for a while, but couldn’t find any good examples/photos on the web of other Model 3’s with decent looking stripes. So when I stumbled on this one, I decided to give it a try. I figure at only $15, no big loss if I don’t like the result and can simply pull it right off.

To be perfectly clear, I did not post this thread to get opinions or validation from anyone. This is strictly for the benefit of those who are a little curious what their ride would look like with stripes, have an open mind and want to have a little fun experimenting with some temporary graphics/stripes.

Not sure how long I’ll keep these stripes... probably a few months until I get bored and want to try something else.
In the meantime, enjoy!!! Hope it inspires someone to do a little experimenting of their own and have some fun with their vehicle!!

View attachment 605743

View attachment 605749

View attachment 605750
It looks great. Can you give me a contact for the stripe?

View attachment 605743

View attachment 605749

View attachment 605750
It's faster now. Nice.

View attachment 605743

View attachment 605749

View attachment 605750
I think they look great! Will these work on a model Y? Thanks.

I’m 99% sure this will fit the Y since the side marker and door panel design/shape/groove patterns are very similar to the 3.
Absolute worst case is, you may need/want to trim an inch or two off the trailing end of these stripes to get the look you like.
The total length of the stripe is 220 cm.

View attachment 605743

View attachment 605749

View attachment 605750
Nice! Why didn't I think of that. A very simple way to make it your own. Ha, simple ... for me not so. Coming up with a design is the hard part. I have a deep blue metalic Feb 2022 MSLR. Now you've got me thinking.

Reactions: GreenHokie
Looks good, where did you buy the pin stripes?
You can get them on Ebay. I had provided a link in one of my above posts, but it appears that particular link no longer works (possibly because the seller removed or sold-out of that particular decal). Just search on ”racing stripes“ or “side door decal” for Model 3 and I’m sure you’ll get some hits. Lots of designs out there. So, I’m sure you’ll find one that you like. Good luck!!

By the way, I didn’t quite like how the original racing stripes (shown in all my above photos) looked… didn’t turn out as perfectly straight and didn’t follow the crease line of the side doors as well as I had wanted. So, I pulled them off, bought some replacements, and re-positioned/re-installed them. Here’s a recent photo. They are pretty much perfect now, in terms of angle & alignment.

IMG_6996.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056