Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II on 2018 Tesla Model 3 19" Sport Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got these Pirelli's for my 2018 M3. I did a lot of research beforehand and initially wanted the Continental PureContacts but they were backordered when I needed them before a road trip. I went with the Pirelli's and was worried due to some other owners experiencing decreased efficiency compared to stock (ProContact) tires. Just wanted to share my experience so far.
So I currently have 3,823 miles on the tires. I mainly drive on the freeway everyday for work. I just got back from a road trip. Orange county, CA to Austin, TX and the efficiency was excellent. Better than the stock ProContacts imo. I averaged 287 wh/mi, was averaging about 75 mph the whole time, drove a total of 3183 and only supercharged the entire trip. The tires are quiet, great traction in dry conditions and wet (went through 3 lightning storms on our roadtrip). I would definitely recommend these tires when the stock ProContacts go out. Tread should last much longer on the Pirelli's as well. Also the manufacturer warranty is better on the Pirelli's (unlimited time up to 70,000 miles). My alignment was off when I got the new tires installed so I had it corrected. Not sure if that's what made the difference in efficiency compared to a couple other owners who said the efficiency was horrible on the Pirelli's.
Side note: If anyone in the IE area needs some tires, hit up the shop I got mine done at. Optimus Tires & Alignment in Riverside, CA. They installed the tires and did an alignment on my car for $960 total. Pretty good price imo. Tires are like $800 plus tax for set of 4 from Tirerack. If you call them, ask for Marcos (owners son) or Cruz (owner). Super nice and knowledgeable.

Attachments

• IMG_20210727_111249.jpg
    IMG_20210727_111249.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 1,970
  • IMG_20210727_111245.jpg
    IMG_20210727_111245.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20210727_111240.jpg
    IMG_20210727_111240.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 178
I've had these on my car for the last 10K miles or so. Several road trips. I don't notice any difference in road noise, handling or efficiency with them from the OEM's.
I noticed an increase in efficiency, and quieter ride. handling is the same. I think the alignment is what made a difference for me

I was referring to what Swift17 was saying about the Pirelli tires on this thread:

and what bd7349 was saying here:

Just got these Pirelli's for my 2018 M3. . . . The tires are quiet, great traction in dry conditions and wet (went through 3 lightning storms on our roadtrip). I would definitely recommend these tires when the stock ProContacts go out. Tread should last much longer on the Pirelli's as well. Also the manufacturer warranty is better on the Pirelli's (unlimited time up to 70,000 miles). My alignment was off when I got the new tires installed so I had it corrected. Not sure if that's what made the difference in efficiency compared to a couple other owners who said the efficiency was horrible on the Pirelli's.
Very helpful information. My ProContacts are in their last 25% of life, and I'll be making this decision soon before a big planned road trip.

Reactions: TM3Newbie