Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pirelli scorpion tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to buy the rear tyres 285/35/22.
My local tire shop offers 2 different Pirelli Scorp ZERO but they cant tell the difference from their system. One markt only TO and one marked Tesla, should there be any difference or are they acctualy the same? I guess they contain the noise canceling foam. Looking for the quietest tire they have.

If it says something like "Pirelli noise acoustic" thats what it is. It matters because of foam inside to prevent road noise.
I can't imagine anything "preventing" road noise. It might lessen it to some degree. I've been running the Pirelli Scorpion A/S Plus for a year now and they have no foam. I measured the internal noise with a decibel meter to compare against the original Continentals when they were new. Practically no difference on the DB meter on a variety of roads (comparing same roads). Of course there are other factors like wet and dry roads, etc. Just saying in my experience, I don't notice anything different. The wife thinks the Pirelli without the foam are quieter, but I doubt that. I can't imagine how they can be quieter and my DB meter says they are the same at all frequencies.

I noted someone saying they are terrible in snow. I'm not sure what kind of snow they are driving in, but up herein the mountains we get a lot of snow and in my experience the original Continentals are worse handling in snow. Just my one mouse experiment.

I can't imagine anything "preventing" road noise. It might lessen it to some degree. I've been running the Pirelli Scorpion A/S Plus for a year now and they have no foam. I measured the internal noise with a decibel meter to compare against the original Continentals when they were new. Practically no difference on the DB meter on a variety of roads (comparing same roads). Of course there are other factors like wet and dry roads, etc. Just saying in my experience, I don't notice anything different. The wife thinks the Pirelli without the foam are quieter, but I doubt that. I can't imagine how they can be quieter and my DB meter says they are the same at all frequencies.

I noted someone saying they are terrible in snow. I'm not sure what kind of snow they are driving in, but up herein the mountains we get a lot of snow and in my experience the original Continentals are worse handling in snow. Just my one mouse experiment.
It doesn't eliminate it, but just reduces. Snow performance isn't bad.