Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pirelli Scorpion Weatheractive (new Crossclimate competitor)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems as if Pirelli has launched an All-Weather competitor to the Crossclimate family.

No reviews, very few posts on any forums. Only found one within the last week on a Ford Explorer ST forum which runs a 21” size.

Relevant sizes for Model Y are all alternative larger sidewall sizes for stock wheels (discussed and reviewed in other threads) and some aftermarket setups I have seen- i.e

255/55 18 (TSportline, Martian)
255/50 19 (Gemini)
255/45 20 (induction)
275/40 20 (induction and aftermarket)

If anyone has any experience with these new Pirellis or decides to go for a set to run year round or for the winter months, post here!

FWIW they are a fair amount more affordable than the Michelin CC2 and slot just above Vredestein.

E8BFF4C9-E425-42F2-8B53-458AF44E2372.jpeg

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
I have been wondering the same thing! We currently have CC’s (and love them) on our model 3 and am looking for all weather’s for our Model X. I did see a review on YouTube raving the new Pirelli’s so hopefully Tesla owners will chime in from personal experience

Reactions: ggs gas
The only "review" I found was a comment on this YouTube video :

AlegreDiaVolver
I got these since July(summer) and already tested them on snow(in the city so far). They handle incredibly well and give me a lot of confidence, the only difference to seasonal tires I've spotted is longer braking distance on dry, yes dry road, but not by far, so cons are none existent considering the seasonal switch :D

0F2C390F-DA7B-42C1-9860-127170B9DF8D.jpeg

Pirelli Scorpion Weatheractive installed on 20x10 R241. Tire size is 275/ 40 20 square. So far so good. A little noisier than the EV tuned PZeros but I’m much more confident driving around the city with road imperfections. The slight noise increase is negligible when looking at the benefits of rim protection, better ride etc. For the all weather performance these offer, 3PMS rating, I’m thoroughly impressed with their composure. I’ll keep updated results updated here. So far I have less than 100 miles on them, but efficiency seems to be a bit better than the Ubers.

I bought these tires in 275/40/20 to put on my stock induction wheels. The goal with changing tires at 10,000 miles was 90% due to help with road bumps. I only have 100 miles on them but plan to add to this post as I get more data. My first drive with the new tires gave me these first impressions:

1) it's slightly more sluggish acceleration due to the extra unsprung weight (added 9 lbs per wheel).
2) sightly more noise between 30-40 mph
3) I felt way more confident about hitting pot holes. The bigger tires absorbed the cracks and holes better. It didn't eliminate suspension issues, but helped a bit.

My second drive and beyond, the first two first impressions have disappeared. My only concerns at this point is how range is affected. It's an area where I won't be able to know for a while. It's super cold winter here, so comparing these 100 miles on new tires to the previous lifetime 10,000 miles on stock tires can't be compared. I'll update again with more time on the new tires.

I bought these tires in 275/40/20 to put on my stock induction wheels. The goal with changing tires at 10,000 miles was 90% due to help with road bumps. I only have 100 miles on them but plan to add to this post as I get more data. My first drive with the new tires gave me these first impressions:

1) it's slightly more sluggish acceleration due to the extra unsprung weight (added 9 lbs per wheel).
2) sightly more noise between 30-40 mph
3) I felt way more confident about hitting pot holes. The bigger tires absorbed the cracks and holes better. It didn't eliminate suspension issues, but helped a bit.

My second drive and beyond, the first two first impressions have disappeared. My only concerns at this point is how range is affected. It's an area where I won't be able to know for a while. It's super cold winter here, so comparing these 100 miles on new tires to the previous lifetime 10,000 miles on stock tires can't be compared. I'll update again with more time on the new tires.

Attachments

• B43BD5B1-2EA5-4ADA-9EB0-3BC51EEC683E.jpeg
    B43BD5B1-2EA5-4ADA-9EB0-3BC51EEC683E.jpeg
    551.8 KB · Views: 381
  • 8EA78089-FABB-4403-9EC5-263AEC19A35C.jpeg
    8EA78089-FABB-4403-9EC5-263AEC19A35C.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 353
  • EAE62D9B-3FB2-48D8-880A-54441D0C0229.jpeg
    EAE62D9B-3FB2-48D8-880A-54441D0C0229.jpeg
    721.5 KB · Views: 351
  • B25EACD6-0492-4E3C-A7B4-B10A7417D140.jpeg
    B25EACD6-0492-4E3C-A7B4-B10A7417D140.jpeg
    607.1 KB · Views: 353
Reactions: Du30 and ggs gas
I’ve put 1000 miles on mine. So far wh/mi is better than stock ubers with the new 20x10 with 275/40/20. Average has been around 270wh/mi vs much higher around 290wh/mi with the Ubers. They have quieted down overall from the initial break in period. Less noise then when they were brand new, but still a little increase over the stock PZeros. They’ve only seen snow once but we’re very sure footed and stable.

Reactions: Silence88
How did yo order this PIRELLI WEATHERACTIVE tires? I tried to order the 275/40r20 at TIRE RACK and DISCOUNT TIRE it won't let me continue my order after I put the Model Y LR. it says it won't fit the vehicle even the Model Y Performance
You may need to buy them without putting in your vehicle if you can. Or check an option that says you know these aren’t the OEM size for your car. I’m not sure!

Reactions: Du30
any long term review? it rained this past weeks in Socal...Are tires doing well on wet roads at potholes?
I have the Scorpion WeatherActives on my Model X. Really amazing tire. I live in the PNW and it's been raining here daily. I have not experienced any issues. There is tire noise in the first 250 miles, but then went away.

Overall, these tires are about the same/better than CrossClimate 2's. I've had CrossClimate 2's in the past in my Acura RDX.

Reactions: Du30
I have the Scorpion WeatherActives on my Model X. Really amazing tire. I live in the PNW and it's been raining here daily. I have not experienced any issues. There is tire noise in the first 250 miles, but then went away.

Overall, these tires are about the same/better than CrossClimate 2's. I've had CrossClimate 2's in the past in my Acura RDX.
thank you

Thanks for the info.
Does your X have active noise control?

any long term review? it rained this past weeks in Socal...Are tires doing well on wet roads at potholes?
At 23k miles. Tires are still fantastic. Need a rebalancing (thank you SoCal roads) but I’m about to rotate again in a couple days and will get them road force balanced as well. Wear is great, noise still is great, definitely some growl at low speeds around parking lots and whatnot… but they handle the power really well and cruise great at highway speeds. On top of all of that they are utterly fantastic in the rain and capable in the snow as well. I don’t hesitate to drive up to the mountains at any time.

Seems as if Pirelli has launched an All-Weather competitor to the Crossclimate family.

No reviews, very few posts on any forums. Only found one within the last week on a Ford Explorer ST forum which runs a 21” size.

Relevant sizes for Model Y are all alternative larger sidewall sizes for stock wheels (discussed and reviewed in other threads) and some aftermarket setups I have seen- i.e

255/55 18 (TSportline, Martian)
255/50 19 (Gemini)
255/45 20 (induction)
275/40 20 (induction and aftermarket)

If anyone has any experience with these new Pirellis or decides to go for a set to run year round or for the winter months, post here!

FWIW they are a fair amount more affordable than the Michelin CC2 and slot just above Vredestein.

View attachment 883829
had these on our model s...didnt like them compared to the cc2 i ran for 3-4 yrs before replacing...they arent as good in snow or in efficentcy as the cc2 were...and noisier. I was expecting them to be better as they were more$ the the cc2...so went back to cc2

• Informative
Reactions: MattM24