Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pirelli Scorpion Winter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I plan to equip my MX with winter tires.
Selected PIRELLI Scorpion Winter but unable to know which dimension shall be used for the front wheels.
Even SC in France is unable to answer this quite simple question.

The issue is that all MX delivered in France are actually equipped with 255/45 R20 MICHELIN summer front tires.
The winter pack offered by TESLA on TESLA shop seems to propose 265/45 R20 PIRELLI winter front tires.
Both references (255 and 265 are existing on the parts shop at the SC for Pirelli Scorpion Winter).

Does somebody have the answer of my simple question: Which dimension I need to order for my PIRELLI scorpion winter 20'' front tires?

Here, both summers and winters come with 265 fronts and 275 rears in the 20" staggered configuration. If you're going to keep your current rims and just replace the tires, it's probably a good idea to keep the same dimensions simply for aesthetics. Safety wise, I do not believe it's an issue to use square tires instead of a staggered tires on a staggered wheel set. Traditionally, the wider rears are supposed to offer more traction in standard conditions.

I don't think it's so much as what you need, but rather what you prefer. If you want to be safe, I'd just stick with the dimensions already delivered on your current wheels.

I opted for a 265 front and 275 rear Scorpion winter on an 8.5 front and 10.0 rear wheel. Waiting for the wheels to be delivered and will update once everything is mounted.

Hi all,
I plan to equip my MX with winter tires.
Selected PIRELLI Scorpion Winter but unable to know which dimension shall be used for the front wheels.
Even SC in France is unable to answer this quite simple question.

The issue is that all MX delivered in France are actually equipped with 255/45 R20 MICHELIN summer front tires.
The winter pack offered by TESLA on TESLA shop seems to propose 265/45 R20 PIRELLI winter front tires.
Both references (255 and 265 are existing on the parts shop at the SC for Pirelli Scorpion Winter).

Does somebody have the answer of my simple question: Which dimension I need to order for my PIRELLI scorpion winter 20'' front tires?
Great choice on the Pirellis. I have had them on the back for 10,000 miles. Amazing feel and wear.
Continentals were horrible. Had two blowouts. Lasted only 23,000 miles.
About to replace my fronts soon with Pirellis.
Agree....go to the TireRack installer list near you and negotiate a deal with them or ship them and use installer.
This says it all.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...all=Blackwall&partnum=645HR0SVASPXL&tab=Sizes

Recommend Pirelli All Season Scorpion Verde Quieter and more efficient.

Pirelli at Tire Rack $278 , on line order with them to install $220 50,000 mile warranty

For the winter tires finally went for CONTINENTAL 850P SUV.
Tests done in Europe give them better than PIRELLI Scorpion Winter. Better snow adherence and better longevity and they have integrated rim protection.

For summer or 4 seasons tires, MX are delivered in Europe with MICHELIN Latitude Sport 2.

Regarding the front size, apparently MX are approved thin 255/45 R20 in Europe when you have 265/45/R20 in the US.

Plan to go in mountains (Alps) in 1 month and will let you know my feeling with CONTINENTAL (had PIRELLI winter tires on my previous X5 last year)

I have these on my X as of last night. I’ve driven about 100 miles and I have not noticed any increase in noise. Regen is working no problem. I can’t comment of range impact as it’s been in the 20’s and both my 3 and X are running ‘hot’ aka hover Wh/M.