Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding (tirerack and others) is that these won't be available until November or later.

Also, I sent an email to [email protected] asking that they evaluate these and give us an official Tesla report on them as they are the only non-summer tires (AFAIK) that are available for the 21" OEM wheels of the Model S.

The response was positive -- that they will include the tires in future analysis that they do every few months and that they will let me know the results. Hopefully they will provide something at least semi-formal and grant permission to post the information.

This is central european type winter tires. If you live in an area with much snow and ice this is not good tires... If that is the case go for anordic style winter tires like Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 or Hakka 7/8 if studded.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and go down to 19" and square setup... 265 winter tires will be very "snaky" ride ;-)

Ping.

Bouncing this up as I’m about to buy a set of these. I drive to Tahoe about twice a month, but more importantly I’m about to do a road trip from here to Tahoe to Utah to vegas to aspen to Tucson. You get the idea.

I’d prefer to put these on my scuffed 21’ wheels and then pickup a set of arachnid from someone who doesn’t want them for summer.

question 2: Anyone in the Bay Area have a good storage solution for these other than public storage?

I tried SottoZero 3 for two winter months in Tromsø, (northern Norway) .. surely they wold work in warmer conditions, but on icy roads, hard-packed snow and such they are awful, worse than any studded tire I replaced before due to wear.
Switched to Continental Icecontact 2 - and they are absolutely great.