Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Piss poor customer service from RPM Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FINALLY! 3 days short of 3 months!

The last item in your order is on the way
The last item in your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

Items in this shipment
IMG_4185_92454f40-0d55-45bd-8e4b-51eb8fdc853a_compact_cropped.jpg
Model 3 Trunk & Frunk Sound Dampening Kit

I’m considering this myself. I’m curious to hear if it actually does anything and whether or not it muffles the subwoofer.

Damn... I was looking into RPM Tesla to purchase and have them install the Hansshow trunk kit onto my car since Hansshow wouldn't tell me who some local installers were unless I buy a kit. But now I'm having second thoughts about it after seeing so many negative threads about them.

I just received and installed the trunk & frunk sound dampening kit. Both pieces went in without problem. A few notes, though:

I found it MUCH easier to access the screw-in portion of the trunk mat via the back seat, rather than trying to climb into the trunk.

The light bar for the trunk is better situated in front of the cross beam, instead of on the beam itself. The reduction of light in the aft-most part of the trunk is minimal, and the light is out of the way where it is less likely to be knocked off when loading stuff.

The addition to the kit of the cabin air intake screen in the frunk was a nice touch. I didn't realize how many leaves could get in there, and how deeply.

Update: Installed the trunk seal per the new video. With the center section installed, cannot close the trunk. Where he shows the seal turning inboard of the plastic nub near either corner, I found the seal impinges on the original seal. Relocated the new seal outboard of the nubs, but still cannot close trunk with hard slam or all my weight on the lip. Removed center section, installed side sections; trunk closes [almost] normally.

Also, the video shows the B-pillar seals installed with the closed end down. Previous video showed directional seals with open end down to prevent water accumulation.

I reported the discrepancies via e-mail and am waiting for a response.

Do you notice any difference at all in cabin quietness?