Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pixel to Pixel Texting Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just bought a Model Y a few days ago. I am seeing an issue when I send text messages to and from my and another Pixel phone. I am using the native messaging app on a Pixel 4XL, through Google Fi. When sending to non-Pixel phones, the messages come through normally, meaning it shows a name and the message. It doesn't matter if the other Pixel is using a different service provider. The car reads ALL that information which is extremely frustrating. Anyone else getting this? Anyone know how to fix it? Please and thank you!!

Example:
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 22:21:32 -0400
Subject:
To: <+1##########>;
Cc: First Last <+1##########>;

We just bought a Model Y a few days ago. I am seeing an issue when I send text messages to and from my and another Pixel phone. I am using the native messaging app on a Pixel 4XL, through Google Fi. When sending to non-Pixel phones, the messages come through normally, meaning it shows a name and the message. It doesn't matter if the other Pixel is using a different service provider. The car reads ALL that information which is extremely frustrating. Anyone else getting this? Anyone know how to fix it? Please and thank you!!

Example:
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 22:21:32 -0400
Subject:
To: <+1##########>;
Cc: First Last <+1##########>;

I had to disable RCS and only send SMS / MMS messages

Something about RCS and the end to end encryption adds in all the other info.

This is an RCS issue, a format for newer "enhanced" texting that Tesla's software can't read. You need to turn if off on a per-user basis in the texting app itself. No setting on the car (currently) can address this: