TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Placed my order..

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by PlugNPlay85, May 21, 2016.

1. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

Hey Guys,

I've been lurking on the forums since I first test drove a MS a month ago. Happy to say that I placed my order last night!!

I ordered a midnight silver metallic 90D / pano / 21" grey wheels / next gen black / AP / smart air / high fidelity sound

I'm actually picking up a 90D this morning to do an overnight test drive. This way I get to try both the 70D and 90D at the same time. Still unsure if the 90D is really needed.

Please feel free to chime in with opinions on the options I've chose.. Also any recommendations on options or accessories? Still a few days before I confirm my order.

• Like x 1
  2. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Welcome,
    Need is such a relative term. ;)
    you probably don't need a 90D but you really do need a 90D:D

3. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Congrats and welcome to the forum ! Nicely optioned. Are you getting the premium interior package?

4. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

I know exactly what you mean!!

5. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

Yes

6. spleen

spleen Active Member

Nope sounds like a nice set of options. Just know that you'll give up some range and ride comfort with the 21s vs the 19s as well as tire longevity, but they do look nicer. :)

Welcome!

7. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Congrats on the order! Sounds like a good config. Other accessories you may want to consider are the parcel shelf and trunk mat(s).

8. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I believe the parcel shelf and the center console insert from Tesla are standard equipment now.

Yes, sounds like an excellent configuration. We all hope you enjoy your S. Did you get an expected delivery date? ??

9. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

If I confirm by tonight, I was told that delivery would probably happen at the end of June.

10. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Welcome to the forum. Gotta remember that the 21s don't last as long as the 19s.

11. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Welcome aboard!

12. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

So I confirmed the order last night and the vin was assigned this morning.. I can't wait to see her!!! Also my delivery window is July - Early August

13. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

Thanks!

14. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Welcome to the family. Now (bless your heart) you must endure Teslanxiety until it gets here. We understand what you are going through. Some of us have gone through it twice.

15. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

Finally in production, actually production started on 6/14, my current delivery window is 7/9 - 7/23

How long does it really take for the car to arrive to the island once production is complete?

16. G'sinHawaii

G'sinHawaii Member

Plug, it really depends on when it make it out of production, and how long its in QA checks, then, when it makes it on the ship and sail date...

for instance, mine went into production, on the 4th came out on the 9th, and was on the ship for a sailing on the 10th, ship arrived in Honolulu on the 15th, (ship arrived a day late from scheduled arrival) I picked it up on the 20th. another owners S came out or production just about the same time as mine, but, he didn't make the same ship as mine...

17. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I don't even you the wait. Teslanxiety that we all went through.

18. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

Not really concerned about getting the car quick actually.. I've waited this long already.. Lol

I'm more concerned about scheduling things like PPF and tint. Plus I need to set time aside to prep and apply CQuartz after PPF install.

The paint correction and CQuartz I am doing myself..

Thinking about doing 3M scotchgard and Autobahn Ceramic Tint.