Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Placed Order on 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just placed the order finally on my Model X 100D. I was going to wait closer to Q4 but we are so close now that if there were any upgrades that were coming, would happen by my November delivery date as its predicting.

Ordered a 100D Midnight Silver Metallic, 6 Seat Interior with console, premium package, and EAP.

Hopefully gonna try to get the 22's from referrals if i can convince 2 more friends to buy lol.

Just placed the order finally on my Model X 100D. I was going to wait closer to Q4 but we are so close now that if there were any upgrades that were coming, would happen by my November delivery date as its predicting.

Ordered a 100D Midnight Silver Metallic, 6 Seat Interior with console, premium package, and EAP.

Hopefully gonna try to get the 22's from referrals if i can convince 2 more friends to buy lol.

Congrats. I'm in same boat. How sure are you that upgrades in 4th quarter will be added to your car?

Congrats. I'm in same boat. How sure are you that upgrades in 4th quarter will be added to your car?

Honestly, not sure at all. Either I just screwed myself by placing the order too early in the month right now and my car will be delivered October. That means I wont get any updates, if they have any planned.

Or if I get it in November they will include them. Its too much of a gamble at this point. I would hope if anything, the 100D gets a speed bump and that will be more than enough for me.

with Tesla there now is always a good time to buy and its always the worst time to buy. After the car is delivered, im gonna be happy and enjoy it for the next 3 years at the bare minimum.

Also, my order is confirmed on the 15th officially. That means they will start ordering parts after that to build. Keeping that Q3 is ending and that is a priority right now, those orders and builds will be fulfilled right now full swing. After that im sure the factory will shut down for a week and they will resume second week into October. That is also when the semi reveal is and more M3 product ramps up.

Just a gamble, but gotta do it

Reactions: pilotSteve
Congratulations! Exciting times for you. So I placed my S order June 10 ...exact same strategy you are using. It worked for me I got the July 1 upgrade for free then $1,000 discount when the July 23 upgrades came out...and avoided an end of quarter build.

I definitely sweated out the July 1 upgrade and if I did it again would wait until the 1st of the quarter to avoid the anxiety. Waiting the the extra weeks probably would have delayed my final delivery 1 week.

1st month of every quarter generally focuses on non US production. ....so be a little skeptical if The reservation says October - that can change.

Enjoy passing the time on the TMC forums. I promise the wait is worth it.

Congratulations! Exciting times for you. So I placed my S order June 10 ...exact same strategy you are using. It worked for me I got the July 1 upgrade for free then $1,000 discount when the July 23 upgrades came out...and avoided an end of quarter build.

I definitely sweated out the July 1 upgrade and if I did it again would wait until the 1st of the quarter to avoid the anxiety. Waiting the the extra weeks probably would have delayed my final delivery 1 week.

1st month of every quarter generally focuses on non US production. ....so be a little skeptical if The reservation says October - that can change.

Enjoy passing the time on the TMC forums. I promise the wait is worth it.

My Model S that's what happened. I placed he order May 15th and got it June 24th. When I took delivery, few days later all those changes happened. It sucked but that's before I know how Tesla worked. Glad everything worked out for you.

My anticipated delivery says November which is still good for me because it's not a end of quarter push vehicle.

I just placed my order 3 hours ago! I found a showroom discounted one close enough to me so there's no delivery fee. The .99% interest is what made me jump on it. I got about 4k discount for the showroom model that has less than 50miles.

Honestly, that's what I was concerned about as well, getting the interest rate. They even found me a inventory build car but than it had older hardware and just was not worth it.

Decided to just do a custom build. I'm in not rush for the car.

My Model S that's what happened. I placed he order May 15th and got it June 24th. When I took delivery, few days later all those changes happened. It sucked but that's before I know how Tesla worked. Glad everything worked out for you.

My anticipated delivery says November which is still good for me because it's not a end of quarter push vehicle.

Honestly, that's what I was concerned about as well, getting the interest rate. They even found me a inventory build car but than it had older hardware and just was not worth it.

Decided to just do a custom build. I'm in not rush for the car.
I wasnt in a rush either.. But .99% and the fact that I didnt have to pay a delivery fee pushed me over the top. I also did a ton of homework on 22" rims.. I found a set of 22" rims that weigh 7lbs less than the stock 20's. So rims and car ordered. I'll feel this in the bank account when I wake up tomorrow.

It came out to 97, with all options including the 6 seat with center console. 97 including no delivery fee and my referral of 1k. It's 102k if you build it out new right now. So I guess any discount from tesla is worth taking while you can get it.. That was my idea plus the interest rate.

That makes sense but also that means that it probably was an older build with the slower 0-60 and it may boy have the premium sound or the sub zero and some of the features bundled in the premium package. Quite frankly all those don't make a differnece when your getting that price off.

Ps. What rims did you order? I'm in the same board.

Congrats! Seems like a good timing strategy.

That makes sense but also that means that it probably was an older build with the slower 0-60 and it may boy have the premium sound or the sub zero and some of the features bundled in the premium package. Quite frankly all those don't make a differnece when your getting that price off.

I got the 50175 stock# .. I found another one that was in the 49000 range and decided to get the highest one I could find. I'm hoping it's newer since it has less than 50 miles.

I called like every rim company in Arizona.. Then moved on to big companies in California, then had to end up calling the manufacturers themselves because nobody knows weight of rims.

Vertini RF1.3 with the same tires as the 22" stock wheels. These rims are super lightweight and half the price of all the popular ones.
They weight 25-27lbs on the 22s and fit perfectly onto the X to replace the stock 22s.

I got the 50175 stock# .. I found another one that was in the 49000 range and decided to get the highest one I could find. I'm hoping it's newer since it has less than 50 miles.

I called like every rim company in Arizona.. Then moved on to big companies in California, then had to end up calling the manufacturers themselves because nobody knows weight of rims.

Vertini RF1.3 with the same tires as the 22" stock wheels. These rims are super lightweight and half the price of all the popular ones.
They weight 25-27lbs on the 22s and fit perfectly onto the X to replace the stock 22s.
Also the RF1.2 will fit. But I liked 1.3 better.

So I just finished talking with my OA. He said he checked with the production center. Every X they have in inventory has been updated with the performance boost 0-60. That's why there's no dramatic price drop off on inventory. So that's a relief. He guarantees it.

Well, my buddy just placed an order on an inventory model car that they had but than it does not have the latest speed. Its a brand new car that was sitting in inventory.

The OA said that it would not get the update even though its been nearly 2.5 months since the updated speed. This car was a desirable X, black with white interior. 6 seat. Premium Package and Sound.