Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Placement of Metro Express Lane (110 and 10 Freeway) Transponder in Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having trouble finding the right spot in the car where the transponder I use for the metro express lanes on the 110 and 10 freeway can get detected.

Anyone by any chance have a photo of where they place their transponder specifically for use on the metro express lanes in LA?

Thanks

I've been battling this for quite sometime now and I go through the 110 FWY everyday. Mine is located by the right portion of the rear view mirror but it does not work all the time, thus, incurring costs as a single HOV vehicle everytime I pass by (not cheap). Going northbound in the morning is around $10 one way.

One day, I got curious. I went to my metroexpresslanes.net account and saw massive charges on my account. I called the customer service and explain the situation. Apparently, they knew about the tesla problem. Below is what they did:

1.] Reversed all charges associated to my tesla license plate.
2.] Apparently, there is an exclusion list on their system and requested my license plate to be added to that list. The purpose of this is obvious, to exclude your tesla from being charged all the time. This does not take into effect right away. you need to follow-up on a weekly basis.

Hope this helps.

Just like Mastermason, I have my transponder located up along the right side of the rear view mirror. I've read somewhere to orientate upside down where the bottom of the transponder lines up along the upper edge of the windshield. So far in the two weeks I've had it, there have been no issues for me along the 10 HOV lanes. Haven't tried the 110 HOV lanes yet.

Just before transferring my transponder from my old car to the MS, I had Metro swap out the transponder (2.5 years old) for a new one. Perhaps the battery strength may make a difference?