Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Placing a model S order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks,

Going to place an order for a LR model S.

From what I see on website, the base model (white, black interior, 19" wheels without FSD) estimated delivery date is November 2022, while if i add any single option, the date changes to July 2022.

Has anyone had the same experience while ordering? I likely add a midnight silver color to expedite the process.

Any other advice is appreciated.

Cheers

There is THIS one infused. Hardly driven and really fast! You could save time and money. Just a thought.

1641851935568.png

There is THIS one infused. Hardly driven and really fast! You could save time and money. Just a thought.

View attachment 754298
That's a lovely vehicle. I have just placed an order for an M3P, but am wondering if this might be a better choice for another ~$8K or so. I guess one would want to update the MCU. I don't know much about the battery life in S's of this vintage.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the OP's thread - thanks, Soul Surfer, for this food for thought...

A good friend of mine, ordered his 2021 with much trepidation over the yoke as he also has a fast German sportster. He's a "steering wheel" kinda guy, so I can imagine some people may or may not like this refresh.
Oh didn’t think of that. I’d rather have the M3 like wide screen the old portrait screen looks dated. Some people say the yoke grows on you and can see the road better

Hello folks,

From what I see on website, the base model (white, black interior, 19" wheels without FSD) estimated delivery date is November 2022, while if i add any single option, the date changes to July 2022.

Has anyone had the same experience while ordering? I likely add a midnight silver color to expedite the process.

Cheers
If you're close to any of the Tesla stores you might just want to drop in and see what's in the showroom and in the lot. Although most of the display Model S are Plaid you might just luck out.

Hello folks,

Cheers
There is an unsubstantiated yet seems to be real theory that higher margin vehicles ship earlier so this may be what you are seeing. IMO if you are targeting an S refresh …. Resist any temptation to settle for less. You will not be disappointed the day you get your rocket. Nothing wrong with older models or the 3 BUT if that is what you are eyeing up, it cannot be beat and the juice is worth the squeeze.

Reactions: Bitjockey