Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Placing a second order to queue jump the first?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems crazy if this is the only way to speed up the ordering process but this was the advice of a Tesla sales rep last Saturday at London Brent Cross!

Unfortunately my Model 3 SR+ Blue/Black 19" Sport Tow ordered on 4-May and modified 18-May to include the “available immediately” tow-hitch is likely a non-standard order, or so I’m now told. Perhaps this is because the 19” Sports are no longer an option via the configurator, this model won’t [ever?] find its way onto the Tesla production line. But no one, not sales or WD delivery office seem to know anything about how my order will navigate the production system.

All my recent calls with Tesla delivery staff have simply been grovelling apologies from staff who don’t have any answers. I do feel sorry for them.

I’m hoping the community has better insights before I, (a) place a second order, (b) amend existing order or (c) just cancel the order.

(yes I was one of those who reserved their place in the “queue” back in early April 2016 but my Tesla fan status barometer has soured somewhat over recent months)