Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Placing an order that I don't want for 6 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently own a Model 3 with FSD. We have a second car that will be coming off lease in 6 months. We want to replace it with a Model Y. Question - with FSD going from 8k to 10k this next Thursday 10/29/2020 would this be ok to do.

I would like to order the Y but then just push back the delivery. Anyone done anything like that? I really want FSD but don't want to get hit with this and possibly another price increase before I buy the car. It seems like of sketchy but it is 2k. Any feedback appreciated

I currently own a Model 3 with FSD. We have a second car that will be coming off lease in 6 months. We want to replace it with a Model Y. Question - with FSD going from 8k to 10k this next Thursday 10/29/2020 would this be ok to do.

I would like to order the Y but then just push back the delivery. Anyone done anything like that? I really want FSD but don't want to get hit with this and possibly another price increase before I buy the car. It seems like of sketchy but it is 2k. Any feedback appreciated

I placed a reservation for Model Y last month for delivery in March. SA advised to place the reservation to protect against price increase. If you place a reservation, you can delay delivery for up to a year.

When Tesla texts you to add delivery information to your order, don't until you are ready for delivery.

For sure! You can delay as long as you want. Just know if you cancel you lose your benjamin.

I didn’t lose mine...they gave it back to me as a credit to use in the Tesla store. I had concerns about owning a new car when I work remotely so I reached out and told them I’ll cancel. They responded by saying if I reorder, they’ll give me credit for the $100 upon delivery. They did it it immediately after delivery - Springfield , NJ. I always have a positive interaction with them.

Reactions: everydaychris

Delay till you’re ready. Who knows? The car may even be cheaper when you get it and they’ll adjust but at least you’ll have your original price if FSD goes up.

I’m glad I delayed mine cos the car went down 3k when I was ready. I’ve heard you can’t hold the order past 1 year but I’m not sure.