Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Placing order this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
splurging for a stripped down 100D vs the 75D with some options,

PUP is standard now so if are referring to purchasing without EAP and larger tires ..I would still go 100d I’d budget can allow ...beyond passing speeds on freeway you need to take into consideration your real usable range ...assuming you are charging to 90% and only running down to 20% ...you are not getting full use of the 75 battery ..the car is heavy ..I also live in SoCal and the density of chargers makes it easier ..but also they are more crowded ...if you are not used to driving an EV and just want to use it as u did your normal ICE (ie drive same speeds ~75mph, use heater in winter ..blast AC ) than the bigger battery is way to go ..you will find yourself driving this more as well. I did drive a S 75D and that has reasonable range but a lot lighter car

PUP is standard now so if are referring to purchasing without EAP and larger tires ..I would still go 100d I’d budget can allow ...beyond passing speeds on freeway you need to take into consideration your real usable range ...assuming you are charging to 90% and only running down to 20% ...you are not getting full use of the 75 battery ..the car is heavy ..I also live in SoCal and the density of chargers makes it easier ..but also they are more crowded ...if you are not used to driving an EV and just want to use it as u did your normal ICE (ie drive same speeds ~75mph, use heater in winter ..blast AC ) than the bigger battery is way to go ..you will find yourself driving this more as well. I did drive a S 75D and that has reasonable range but a lot lighter car

Thanks realistically it would be the textile interior with EAP in the 100D vs the 75D with EAP, Premium Interior & CF, and wheels.
Here is a list of pros and cons: Looking for some wisdom for choosing 75D vs 100D

And here is a visualization on the performance difference specifically: 75D vs 100D Passing Speed

I get some criticism because the two cars don't have the same state of charge but the data consistently shows a 70kW (95hp) difference in max power between the two, even if the initial torque (umph) is the same, high speed passing is not: Any news on 100D uncorking?

Big thanks!

Thanks for the info. Realistically, Im planning on a 100D with EAP with just Textile Interior vs a 75D with EAP, Premium Interior with CF, EAP, prob 19 Carbon wheels.

Right now two of my kids are in ultra competitive club soccer, so we basically commute to LA and Norco from San Diego a few times per month (which will go up to every weekend in two months), and this is over 100 miles one way. The charge rate and the charge time appear to be much more friendly 5-10 min vs 35-40 min but not unreasonable when you want lunch. I'm spending $350 month in fuel right now in my truck so anything is better than my current situation and we also have solar at the house.

Thanks realistically it would be the textile interior with EAP in the 100D vs the 75D with EAP, Premium Interior & CF, and wheels.

Big thanks!

Thanks for the info. Realistically, Im planning on a 100D with EAP with just Textile Interior vs a 75D with EAP, Premium Interior with CF, EAP, prob 19 Carbon wheels.

Right now two of my kids are in ultra competitive club soccer, so we basically commute to LA and Norco from San Diego a few times per month (which will go up to every weekend in two months), and this is over 100 miles one way. The charge rate and the charge time appear to be much more friendly 5-10 min vs 35-40 min but not unreasonable when you want lunch. I'm spending $350 month in fuel right now in my truck so anything is better than my current situation and we also have solar at the house.

I do the SD LA run weekly and is an easy drive in the 100 ..going to Norco you have Temecula and an extremely underused lake Elsinore super charger ..will make a run in the 75D easy as well ...keep in mind the PUP is standard now across trims so aside from getting a vegan leather vs textile interior that is only diff ..and the 100 will be better IMO :oops:...the textile interior is surprisingly nice as it’s only the insert the vegan leather still covers most of seat .

I was in the same position. I decided on 100D. If you plan on Tesla financing, note the 75D interest is about twice that of 100D
Which made my interest payments only couple of hundred more a month for the 100D. So I said why not, I can handle it.

I’m also on call at the hospital a lot, I drive fast, and rather have more mileage if possible. I’m the end it’s what you are comfortable doing with your money.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA