Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid 19 vs 21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very new to this forum. Please pardon if this has already been answered.

I own 2018 M3 Rear View Drive. though I absolutely love my M3, my only regret is not getting M3 performance.

I am thinking of upgrading to MS, I don’t want to repeat the same mistake, I would go for plaid.
My office commute is hardly 7 miles one way and my wife has Model X, which is more of a family car for us. This plaid is only for me to enjoy my driving with no regrets. 😊

The only thing I care about is 0-60 acceleration, not aesthetics. Any help, which would accelerate faster 19 inch or 21 inch wheel? If both are almost the same, I would go for 19 and save 4500$

Only point I'd add here about the wheel size is that the true uncorked performance of the Plaid is going to be released to those with the ceramic brake upgrade kit. This will only fit under the larger arachnid wheels.

"Note: This package is only compatible with Model S Plaid vehicles equipped with 21” Arachnid wheels. Purchase price includes installation via Tesla Service."

Upvote 0
I am very new to this forum. Please pardon if this has already been answered.

I own 2018 M3 Rear View Drive. though I absolutely love my M3, my only regret is not getting M3 performance.

I am thinking of upgrading to MS, I don’t want to repeat the same mistake, I would go for plaid.
My office commute is hardly 7 miles one way and my wife has Model X, which is more of a family car for us. This plaid is only for me to enjoy my driving with no regrets. 😊

The only thing I care about is 0-60 acceleration, not aesthetics. Any help, which would accelerate faster 19 inch or 21 inch wheel? If both are almost the same, I would go for 19 and save 4500$
My home to office drive is only 3 miles. I didn’t care how short or long of a drive it is. I wanted SPEED when I want it. Which of course means PLAID. Get the Plaid and Arachnids wheels unless you are planning on changing to other wheels like I did. I ended up with Signature 104”s 20 inch. It liked the lighter wheels, the looks and the faster times. Remember, it’s not how far you drive, it’s how long it takes to get there. 😀 And the fun while doing It.

Upvote 0
Tesla essentially BSd everyone with the whole 200mph statement. It’s still not avail and only will be with a $20k upgrade. That was left out when they said the 21” is required for 200mph. I went with 19’s as I can’t imagine going over the 163mph limit.

I just dislike bait and switch crap.
Oh it was a total bait and switch. When I bought the car the only stipulation was wheels and tires.

Upvote 0
Tesla essentially BSd everyone with the whole 200mph statement. It’s still not avail and only will be with a $20k upgrade. That was left out when they said the 21” is required for 200mph. I went with 19’s as I can’t imagine going over the 163mph limit.

I just dislike bait and switch crap.
Bait and Switch— Capitalism at its finest. But I’m OK at 160 mph in my neighborhood. 😃

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
Upvote 0
To be fair without some serious aero added no one should be going that fast in the Model S. It rides like a cup of jell-o at high speeds.

This is absolutely not true. The car feels like a lead block at 175mph. Have you even got it up that fast before?

asdadf.png

Reactions: bhzmark
Upvote 0