Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid 21" Flat Tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All.

Are the michelin pilot 4s tires that come with OEM 21" plaid specifically made for tesla? Or can i order one up, say on tire rack, and have my local tire shop I use for other cars just replace it. Any concerns with getting new tires through local shop vs tesla service center?

Thanks!

The OEM one include the foam acoustic technology, this is not just a TESLA tech as other manufacturer uses it.

so if you need to order the exact one you need to confirm it has this. Unfortunately, these are not in stock as of today everywhere, Tesla does not have an ETA on them either.

you can always pick the tire with the same size without the foam. but the ride in theory will be louder by few dBs and there is a huge debate on that if you search here. if your tire is not fixable then you have no option unless you want to wait for them to be in stock which could be a while ( I called Tirerack and they told me Michelin have a hold on them for production for the next 6 weeks) , I hope my tire is patchable otherwise I will need to order the non acoustic ones :(