Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid - 4 days from order to delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bull

Chatting is great, just don't shoot the Bull.
Supporting Member
Oct 25, 2020
Tucson, AZ
Yesterday 8/4 I decided to bite the bullet and sell my 2021 LR+ and buy a Plaid. The estimate when I placed the order said Jan - Feb so I assumed I had a lot of time to sell my LR+ and take advantage of the top dollar pricing.
This morning I decided to look at my account to see if the delivery date had changed. It sure had. It is now August 8 - August 9! And I have a VIN.
What is up with 4 days from order to delivery? My first thought was that it was someone's reject but a local SA checked and it is still in Fremont.

Yesterday 8/4 I decided to bite the bullet and sell my 2021 LR+ and buy a Plaid. The estimate when I placed the order said Jan - Feb so I assumed I had a lot of time to sell my LR+ and take advantage of the top dollar pricing.
This morning I decided to look at my account to see if the delivery date had changed. It sure had. It is now August 8 - August 9! And I have a VIN.
What is up with 4 days from order to delivery? My first thought was that it was someone's reject but a local SA checked and it is still in Fremont.
Congratulations and **** you, sir!

;)

What color and interior configuration did you choose? Online I see white interior pushes the order to 2022.
I went with midnight silver metallic, cream with walnut interior, 21" wheels, and FSD. I played around with the options and saw that white interior was the longest delay. Everything else was about the same as my order at Jan - Feb 2022.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Congratulations and **** you, sir!

;)
:D:D:D

Normally I'd be doing backflips with excitement but its panic mode because I haven't sold my 2021 LR+ yet. I decided to see what carmax would offer and they came back with $80k which was lower than I had hoped. They said that a month and a half ago they would have offered $90k. I think I'll run the car by Tesla and see what they offer. I'm reading here on TMC that some people are getting decent trade in values for their cars from Tesla. Fingers crossed...

Normally I'd be doing backflips with excitement but its panic mode because I haven't sold my 2021 LR+ yet. I decided to see what carmax would offer and they came back with $80k which was lower than I had hoped. They said that a month and a half ago they would have offered $90k. I think I'll run the car by Tesla and see what they offer. I'm reading here on TMC that some people are getting decent trade in values for their cars from Tesla. Fingers crossed...
Sell it privately. It will be gone in a matter of days and you can basically set your asking price at this point.

I had a deposit on my MY the same day I listed it.

edit: I posted it on local CL and eBay. Was going to use more sites but I got an email to purchase almost immediately.

Have you seen those dusty cars by the train tracks in the Freemont factory flyovers? Been there for months...

If you ordered anything but black and MSM you are probably not getting one of those cars by the tracks...

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Have you seen those dusty cars by the train tracks in the Freemont factory flyovers? Been there for months...

If you ordered anything but black and MSM you are probably not getting one of those cars by the tracks...
That thought did occur to me too. My VIN seems to be a low number 431xxx but I have not seen what others being delivered are.

Mine is MSM. :oops:

I have a Dec delivered LR+.Im taking delivery of a refresh this week so I priced my current car with 6800 miles out. In PA, Carmax offered me 82k, CarBuyerUSA offered 86k, Carvana was 75k and another company was 77k. Tesla, in thier infinite wisdom was 57k lol. I only paid 72k for my Blue with White interior LR+…

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne

Uh oh. They got back to me with the build date. June 4, 2021. I need advice on what the reason for the delay was and how to handle it. I have asked Tesla for the reason but not sure if they will tell me. If the car has been sitting for 2 months should I be worried?

Uh oh. They got back to me with the build date. June 4, 2021. I need advice on what the reason for the delay was and how to handle it. I have asked Tesla for the reason but not sure if they will tell me. If the car has been sitting for 2 months should I be worried?

I don't think you car spent much time at the tracks...if at all. Not sure when they stayed to accumulate, but think it was earlier.

Might just have had a trim piece missing.

I don't think you car spent much time at the tracks...if at all. Not sure when they stayed to accumulate, but think it was earlier.

Might just have had a trim piece missing.
I agree that it is probably not one of the cars parked at the tracks. They were there months before.

I would guess parts needed is the most likely reason too. Would you have any worries about taking this one?

I'd give it a very close inspection before accepting. If all you find is minor paint and trim I'd be OK with it.
Looks like I got very lucky. I questioned the build date and they said it was assigned to someone but they did not respond. Apparently the car was released at the same time I placed my order and my timing was perfect.

I will still go over it with a very thorough inspection though. I feel a lot better now.

Maybe feeling a little guilty about those buyers who have been waiting for a long time...

Reactions: MattMac
Looks like I got very lucky. I questioned the build date and they said it was assigned to someone but they did not respond. Apparently the car was released at the same time I placed my order and my timing was perfect.

I will still go over it with a very thorough inspection though. I feel a lot better now.

Maybe feeling a little guilty about those buyers who have been waiting for a long time...

Don't worry about those folks...post some vids and they can live vicariously though your ownership experience...