Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid - 4 days from order to delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday 8/4 I decided to bite the bullet and sell my 2021 LR+ and buy a Plaid. The estimate when I placed the order said Jan - Feb so I assumed I had a lot of time to sell my LR+ and take advantage of the top dollar pricing.
This morning I decided to look at my account to see if the delivery date had changed. It sure had. It is now August 8 - August 9! And I have a VIN.
What is up with 4 days from order to delivery? My first thought was that it was someone's reject but a local SA checked and it is still in Fremont.
I would be interested in talking with you about the LR+ you are selling. Serious cash buyer. Pm please

Churning them out so fast my August date was bumped all the way to Feb date, it will have been on order for over a year by then (and was also originally a Plaid+ order so they aren't exactly taking care of those people very well)
I checked a new order status yesterday for a plaid and it was Jan - Feb.

Sucks that you have to wait so long, I gave up long ago and cancelled my plaid plus.

Hoping the reason for your delay is red or white paint. Just think how amazing your car will look in a sea of black and MSM refreshes...

I went with midnight silver metallic, cream with walnut interior, 21" wheels, and FSD. I played around with the options and saw that white interior was the longest delay. Everything else was about the same as my order at Jan - Feb 2022.
Well that's just great. I ordered my Plaid within minutes of announcing orders were being taken, back in October. Just received notice that my delivery date is August 25. Red, cream interior, 19" wheels, FSD.

When the Plaid+ was announced I changed my order to that one. Then a few months ago Tesla canned the Plaid+ and I was told to resubmit an order for a Plaid and it would not affect my place in line. Doesn't look like that was true.

Well that's just great. I ordered my Plaid within minutes of announcing orders were being taken, back in October. Just received notice that my delivery date is August 25. Red, cream interior, 19" wheels, FSD.

When the Plaid+ was announced I changed my order to that one. Then a few months ago Tesla canned the Plaid+ and I was told to resubmit an order for a Plaid and it would not affect my place in line. Doesn't look like that was true.
If it's any consolation, we're still waiting on our Plaid (renamed Plaid+ and then converted to Plaid) that we ordered in September 2020. New ETA is this month.

I tried placing an order with same specifics and got March …. :(
Must be a West Coast thing , getting VIN numbers so fast
I hope you get yours fast as well. It seems that this config is delivering fastest at least for now.

To close out this thread, my EDD got pushed back 1 day each day until actual delivery on 8/20. No complaints (at least from me :D ) about 16 days from order to delivery.

Reactions: theatrus
Interesting---I placed my order on 9/28/21---first estimate for delivery was March. I checked my site yesterday and got my VIN and delivery is next week! Very surprised---selling my Porsche Turbo S quicker than I anticipated!!
;-)Pretty impressed. My buddy got his Tesla Model S last week and I got a ride in it----I was so impressed I came home and decided to buy the Plaid! The interior was impressive and the fit and finish was excellent! The acceleration was COSMIC!!!!! Now I am scrambling to get my charging station installed. Color-White, Interior black with carbon fiber trim and 21 " wheels. Very psyched for delivery.

Interesting---I placed my order on 9/28/21---first estimate for delivery was March. I checked my site yesterday and got my VIN and delivery is next week! Very surprised---selling my Porsche Turbo S quicker than I anticipated!!
;-)Pretty impressed. My buddy got his Tesla Model S last week and I got a ride in it----I was so impressed I came home and decided to buy the Plaid! The interior was impressive and the fit and finish was excellent! The acceleration was COSMIC!!!!! Now I am scrambling to get my charging station installed. Color-White, Interior black with carbon fiber trim and 21 " wheels. Very psyched for delivery.
Enjoy your new ride. They are indeed amazing cars. Post pics on the forum if you can.

Reactions: geekfam

Nothing wrong with using the supplied MC and 5-15 adapter for a while to charge at home. No need to scramble for level 2 setup, unless you drive much more than the typical 40 mile commute.

Stay Psyched!

Reactions: Drew-MS
I ordered my Plaid 6/14/2021. Original delivery date was early-to-mid August. It has since been pushed to early to mid October. :( FWIW, deep blue metallic, white interior, arachnid rims. But this isn't my first rodeo, so this is not a surprise.

Last edited:
I ordered my Plaid 6/14/2021. Original delivery date was early-to-mid August. It has since been pushed to early to mid October. :( FWIW, deep blue metallic, white interior, arachnid rims. But this isn't my first rodeo, so this is not surprise.

Only 4 months since order placement, and missed an EOQ delivery? I'd say you are doing better than some here...

I'm not complaining, because Tesla leasing keeps extending my P100D lease on a month-to-month basis. But that won't last forever.

Perhaps the number of posts on this thread is proportional to the delivery delays of the poster, but only Dojo knows...

On a more serious note, I am sure Tesla would love to have you car back for what they are charging for them used. Have you considered a buy back, or is that even possible?

Personally, I'd pay top dollar for a real nice P100D, with sunroof and light interior and headliner...

Perhaps the number of posts on this thread is proportional to the delivery delays of the poster, but only Dojo knows...

On a more serious note, I am sure Tesla would love to have you car back for what they are charging for them used. Have you considered a buy back, or is that even possible?

Personally, I'd pay top dollar for a real nice P100D, with sunroof and light interior and headliner...
I looked into it, but the lease buyout was more than what comparable P100Ds were going for on EV-CPO Hunter when I made the decision to return the lease. It is in great condition - only 16,000 miles over three years. My initial plan was to buy it, drive it, then sell once the "2020" roadsters became readily available. But that (still) seemed like a pipe dream in June, so I went Plaid instead. Whatevs. This is my third top-end MS and I've been super happy so far. It'll get here when it gets here.

I ordered my Plaid 6/14/2021. Original delivery date was early-to-mid August. It has since been pushed to early to mid October. :( FWIW, deep blue metallic, white interior, arachnid rims. But this isn't my first rodeo, so this is not a surprise.
You might already know this, but just in case...

Your delays are being caused by the white interior you've ordered. If you feel like doing some reading, there are a ton of posts about this in the Model S delivery thread.

If you're willing to change your interior color choice, you'll most likely see your EDD move the correct direction.

See my sig for my Plaid order. I haven't updated that with the latest information... They ended up wanting to deliver (I had a VIN) before the end of the quarter (specifically, 9/28), but the reason I placed my order in the first place was because the configurator page showed estimated delivery in Jan-Feb, and I actually need that timeline as I can't accept a car before then.

So short version: Ordered the sig car on 9/19, and it would have been delivered nine days later.