Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Acceleration doesn't hit as hard.

Electrifyx123

Mar 9, 2021
Reno
Hello,

I drove a plaid about a month ago and when I first launched the car, it blew me away and gave me such a rush unlike anything else I've driven before. Well, here recently, I managed to drive one again for a few days and every time I would use drag strip mode, it didn't pull as hard as I remember it. To be honest, it felt as if the normal Plaid mode pulled harder. I used a Dragy to measure all the 0-60 times and on all my runs in the Drag strip mode came out to being around 2.3-2.5s. However, when using just Plaid mode, I was able to hit 2.26 which was the best time I achieved. Which is strange because it seemed to perform better when the car would be preconditioned for drag strip mode but not launched. Now I understand many factors can play a part in this such as the weather, road surface and charge, but all test were done on the same roads and the SOC was around 75-90% for most of the runs. I did notice the wheels spin a lot when in Drag Strip mode which could be causing the slower times, but I still don't understand why it doesn't feel that powerful when launching compared to the first time. Has anyone else experienced this because I was told you never get used to it.

Reactions: impastu

URBAN LEGEND

Mar 30, 2020
Navasota TX
The feeling of the power is normal for my wife and I. The first WOT needed brain recalibration. In a week seems normal. My kids not impressed. They grew up on M3s, M5s, ZLI 1LEs, Z/28s, X3M Comp, etc. Plaid runs don’t seem to impress them. I will get them in drag strip mode though. I can’t wait.

URBAN LEGEND

Mar 30, 2020
Navasota TX
You got used to the acceleration. And are you on sport suspension each time? You’ll feel the sensation of speed more in sport suspension.

Attachments

• 67F64749-8A19-43CF-BC89-56FBC0BD6D41.jpeg
    67F64749-8A19-43CF-BC89-56FBC0BD6D41.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 65

URBAN LEGEND

Mar 30, 2020
Navasota TX
I run in advanced mode. It doesn’t matter. The human body will get used it. Add another 400 hp and it’s the same. I’m used to the power while putting zip codes on other cars.

Electrifyx123

Mar 9, 2021
Reno
You got used to the acceleration. And are you on sport suspension each time? You’ll feel the sensation of speed more in sport suspension.
I stayed in sport suspension, but couldn't tell a difference. Also, does the suspension really matter since the Cheetah Launch already lowers the suspension?

umair239

Mar 22, 2018
Louisville Kentucky
Hello,

I drove a plaid about a month ago and when I first launched the car, it blew me away and gave me such a rush unlike anything else I've driven before. Well, here recently, I managed to drive one again for a few days and every time I would use drag strip mode, it didn't pull as hard as I remember it. To be honest, it felt as if the normal Plaid mode pulled harder. I used a Dragy to measure all the 0-60 times and on all my runs in the Drag strip mode came out to being around 2.3-2.5s. However, when using just Plaid mode, I was able to hit 2.26 which was the best time I achieved. Which is strange because it seemed to perform better when the car would be preconditioned for drag strip mode but not launched. Now I understand many factors can play a part in this such as the weather, road surface and charge, but all test were done on the same roads and the SOC was around 75-90% for most of the runs. I did notice the wheels spin a lot when in Drag Strip mode which could be causing the slower times, but I still don't understand why it doesn't feel that powerful when launching compared to the first time. Has anyone else experienced this because I was told you never get used to it.
You probably had obstacle aware acceleration turned on in settings. It affects the launches on uneven roads

Reactions: bhzmark

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC