Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Blinker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My plaid’s blinker used to have 2 functions/utilizations. Either you pushed in with a haptic response and it would blink till the turn was made or till you stopped. And if you hovered your finger over it without pushing down it would blink till you moved your finger. This 2nd utilization has disappeared over the last month-ish?

Anyone else?

It was one of the latest updates.
I actually went from strong dislike to ok with the new functionality.
Hit the button and the blinker will self cancel after the lane change or turn is complete.
Hit the button to move into a turn lane and the blinker will stay on until you turn from the turn lane.
The car is now using vision to terminate the blinker which I would think was the intent from the start as the whole hover/push thing was less than ideal (IMO).

• Informative
Reactions: theslimshadyist
I drove over an hour to a Tesla service center because i thought i had broken something when the haptic turn signal disappeared.
After two hours at the center (they realigned the hood as well), i was told that Tesla had disabled this feature vis software. Thanks for telling me before i wasted a day. There is an update( sorry don't remember the number) that changes how the remaining signal turns off. Have not driven the car since the update. Long story.

I think i can live with the yoke but the turn signals and high beams I despise. These button are not raised, i.e. you are never sure your finger is on them, and they give no feedback that they have been pressed except for the blinking light. The blinking sound is minimal as well. I am not comfortable in the "traffic wars" with this situation. I'd take stalks in a heart beat.

fred

Reactions: Montreal D
I'll have to check but I think my buttons still buzz when I press them (blinkers). They just latch until the AP or wheel rotation clears them which I much prefer over the previous functionality. Now if I could just get right and left sorted 100% of the time.

Had similar issues on Motorcycles. Some would have a blinker switch on each handlebar. Others would have only a rocker switch on the left handle to toggle to incorporate both blinkers.

Takes a bit for muscle memory to click in and make everything more automatic.

Did Tesla replace it's turn signal lever with digital buttons because of cost savings?
I tested the Yoke steering wheel and the digital turning knobs and in city driving (especially small roundabouts) it is very difficult to release the steering by letting the Yokewheel go back automatically (like the round steering wheel) and also quickly find the turning signal buttons because they are at different locations. In Sweden it is a law that you must give turn signal when leaving a roundabout.
This made me take the decision to stay with my older Tesla MX which have the round steering wheel and a lever for the turning. Another good thing in my Tesla is the function that close the door when the break pedal is pressed. Then I can put on my safety belt during the time I close the door and get ready faster. I could not find that function in the new Tesla M/XS Plaid model.

Did Tesla replace it's turn signal lever with digital buttons because of cost savings?

Yes. Tesla is definitely taking the "Stockton Rush" approach to cost savings.

This made me take the decision to stay with my older Tesla MX which have the round steering wheel and a lever for the turning. Another good thing in my Tesla is the function that close the door when the break pedal is pressed. Then I can put on my safety belt during the time I close the door and get ready faster. I could not find that function in the new Tesla M/XS Plaid model.

That feature is definitely still in the new Model X.