Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid+ CANCELLED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly if this is true, this is incredibly disappointing. I’ve waited for YEARS for a refresh S. Finally the Plaid+ was everything I wanted. Had the reservation since Battery Day. What the hell kind of company puts up a product for sale and then cancels it?

• Funny
Reactions: thebishop and SO16
they probably don’t want to compete with the roadster.... Making an electric car go fast isn’t that difficult. The 520 mile range might have been though.
If they didn’t want to compete with the Roadster (which also doesn’t exist, by the way), why even bother to announce the Plaid+ model?

Announcing a new model and then cancelling it 2 months later is highly suspect.

Reactions: Kyle Hubb
If they didn’t want to compete with the Roadster (which also doesn’t exist, by the way), why even bother to announce the Plaid+ model?

Announcing a new model and then cancelling it 2 months later is highly suspect.
The Tesla Roadster v2/v3 (code name Please Keep Funding Us) was supposed to have 621 miles of range, so that it would be a 1,000km car.
Plaid+ range was just bullsensitivityfilter to target the Lucid hype.

Sounds to me like bait and switch.
Good thing for your sake you can get your $100 back. (Assuming you reserved one in the first place.)

If the “switch” is a cheaper version but yet almost as good of specs as the more expensive version, then please switch me all day long. It’s when it goes the other way to where I have to spend more, would I possibly consider that a “bait and switch”.

If Elon thinks that the Plaid is so good that there doesn't need to be a + model, I would suggest he reads a poem by Edgar Guest entitled "Good Enough". Maybe he can get his thought process back in line---Tesla is supposed to be a leader, not just good enough

If Elon thinks that the Plaid is so good that there doesn't need to be a + model, I would suggest he reads a poem by Edgar Guest entitled "Good Enough". Maybe he can get his thought process back in line---Tesla is supposed to be a leader, not just good enough
Until there is another product on the road that can beat that performance, the “good enough” will also be “the leader”.

Out of the blue, I got a call on Friday afternoon to tell me my Plaid plus is likely going to be deliver in Mid 2022 but thats if everything goes well with the new battery pack. So there might be delays. He then said if I want, I can instead take delivery of one of the first regular Plaid in a few weeks. I refused the offer and said, I want the plus. And my lease on my P100D is not over till November anyway. And I have other cars to drive till then. Now this....

The call left me feeling like that was a crappy way to do business. To offer someone else's car to me and delay them???

Like others here, I wanted the extended range, new battery pack which would offer better ride quality and handling abilities. And seeing how they saw it do Laguna Seca as fast as a Mclaren 720S. Thats what I need...

Reactions: MorrisonHiker