Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid+ CANCELLED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely open a ticket, the agreement that we all (digitally) signed was that it was refundable. I’m sure this is just a glitch due to them hastily converting orders
Good luck to you if you think that. I clicked "submit cancellation" and it gave me a screen saying "Refund $0.00" or Total "$0.00" [I should have screen shotted that one but I was too annoyed to have the presence of mind to do so]. And now if I go to my account page my existing P85D is still there and the Plaid reservation is gone. I see no automatic way they would correct the "glitch," and $1k is not worth the aggravation involved in my pursuing it. I suggest anyone who is thinking about cancelling go as far as the page I screenshotted and see what they say. Maybe they will have more luck than me. On the page before there was a dropdown of reasons for cancellation and I said other and wrote in some reasons including shorter range and a yoke wheel of questionable safety.

Good luck to you if you think that. I clicked "submit cancellation" and it gave me a screen saying "Refund $0.00" or Total "$0.00" [I should have screen shotted that one but I was too annoyed to have the presence of mind to do so]. And now if I go to my account page my existing P85D is still there and the Plaid reservation is gone. I see no automatic way they would correct the "glitch," and $1k is not worth the aggravation involved in my pursuing it. I suggest anyone who is thinking about cancelling go as far as the page I screenshotted and see what they say. Maybe they will have more luck than me. On the page before there was a dropdown of reasons for cancellation and I said other and wrote in some reasons including shorter range and a yoke wheel of questionable safety.
You should not have clicked but rather try to get chat support or phone support to assist with the cancel if it's not showing the right amount. They may even call you if you never confirm the Plaid order (then you can bring up the cancellation with the rep that calls).

$1000 is not worth going to chat support and asking? I've seen people do that for things that are like $20. As others noted, by the contract they owe you that money, regardless of how the online process is happening (which seems to be treating you like a Plaid order that cancelled last minute, not a Plaid+ order that was converted to Plaid after Plaid+ being cancelled).
Customer Support

For my Model 3, I cancelled by phone (actually it was Tesla that called me to ask me to convert my reservation to an order, but I was considering Model Y at the time and the rep helped me cancel and refunded the $1000 to me via check, which did take months to arrive).

Someone up thread was able get a refund screen to show a $1000 refund:
I just logged into my Tesla account and went through the cancellation process for my Plaid +. I didn't actually cancel, but it looks like I would have received my deposit back without any fuss.

View attachment 671696.
Others got refunded from a call:
I just canceled after they called me to try to give me "priority delivery of a plaid" got refunded.

Would be a different case if everyone is not getting any money back, but that's obviously not the case.

Last edited:
You should not have clicked but rather try to get chat support or phone support to assist with the cancel if it's not showing the right amount. They may even call you if you never confirm the Plaid order (then you can bring up the cancellation with the rep that calls).

$1000 is not worth going to chat support and asking? I've seen people do that for things that are like $20. As others noted, by the contract they owe you that money, regardless of how the online process is happening (which seems to be treating you like a Plaid order that cancelled last minute, not a Plaid+ order that was converted to Plaid after Plaid+ being cancelled).
Customer Support

For my Model 3, I cancelled by phone (actually it was Tesla that called me to ask me to convert my reservation to an order, but I was considering Model Y at the time and the rep helped me cancel and refunded the $1000 to me via check, which did take months to arrive).

Someone up thread was able get a refund screen to show:

Others got refunded from a call:

Would be a different case if everyone is not getting any money back, but that's obviously not the case.

The value I put on avoiding aggravation is so high that I will probably die poor. Nevertheless, let's try the experiment. I just had a friendly chat on the support page. Because the conversation was in a small window, my screenshots of the dialog overlap a bit. The only part of the conversation I am not including below is where Benjamin asks for my telephone number to give to the advisor and I gave it to him. If the advisor calls, I will report back here on what that person tells me. We will see.

Screen Shot 1.png

Screen Shot 2.png

Screen Shot 3.png

Screen Shot 4.png

Reactions: Russell
The value I put on avoiding aggravation is so high that I will probably die poor. Nevertheless, let's try the experiment. I just had a friendly chat on the support page. Because the conversation was in a small window, my screenshots of the dialog overlap a bit. The only part of the conversation I am not including below is where Benjamin asks for my telephone number to give to the advisor and I gave it to him. If the advisor calls, I will report back here on what that person tells me. We will see.

View attachment 674936

View attachment 674937

View attachment 674938

View attachment 674939
Thanks for the follow up. I hope your issue gets resolved and you get your money back. I suggested chat because I also hate dealing with CS over the phone (even if there isn't a long hold, which there usually is) for any company, not Tesla specifically and previously I had a good experience with Tesla chat.

I looked at my account today and saw the plaid+ was changed to plaid (no surprise) and cancelled the order. Their response is in the screen shot below.

So much for my refundable deposit.

Everything I said in my earlier rant quoted above now goes double.

Goodbye Tesla.

View attachment 674907
Wow. Welcome to Tesla.

I wonder what will happen when CyberTruck orders get canceled after potential buyers discover that Tesla will install that stupid Yoke and stockless controls?

Reactions: whitex

Well i think we can now all see. Look at the new thread:

starting with post #4:

According to the posts there, all of us whose plaid+ plus orders were involuntary converted to plaid somehow lost our promised right to a refund at the moment that was done to us.

Part of me would like to spend hundreds of times what i would like to recover on legal fees organizing a class action suit against this unethical company which does not honor its commitments, but once I calm down I‘m sure I will leave that to others.

Perhaps the better strategy is to wait until news begins to spread and short the stock.

Goodbye Model S, hello EQS.

Last edited:
Reactions: TessP100D
Well i think we can now all see. Look at the new thread:

starting with post #4:

According to the posts there, all of us whose plaid+ plus orders were involuntary converted to plaid somehow lost our promised right to a refund at the moment that was done to us.

Part of me would like to spend hundreds of times what i would like to recover on legal fees organizing a class action suit against this unethical company which does not honor its commitments, but once I calm down I‘m sure I will leave that to others.

Perhaps the better strategy is to wait until news begins to spread and short the stock.

Goodbye Model S, hello EQS.
Did someone call you back yet? It's the weekend so they should be closed, so probably it'll be Monday at the earliest before they call you. Others were able to get it resolved through CS, so it's not they aren't refunding people.

Did someone call you back yet? It's the weekend so they should be closed, so probably it'll be Monday at the earliest before they call you. Others were able to get it resolved through CS, so it's not they aren't refunding people.
They just came through by email with a refund! My attitude toward Tesla is improving. I wish they were not wedded to the stalkless yoke, but perhaps that will change. Separately, I just stumbled on the Plaid's Pikes Peak hill climb practice videos on Randy Pobst's Youtube channel. Its performance looks amazing. Pobst's modified car has a steering wheel.
Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 4.04.25 PM.png

They just came through by email with a refund! My attitude toward Tesla is improving. I wish they were not wedded to the stalkless yoke, but perhaps that will change. Separately, I just stumbled on the Plaid's Pikes Peak hill climb practice videos on Randy Pobst's Youtube channel. Its performance looks amazing. Pobst's modified car has a steering wheel.
Thanks for the update, glad you got it refunded, and your case would be helpful to others that might have experienced the same thing.