Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid center console light turns off when fully opened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that got it replaced and is now working, what part revision did you get?

They sent me a service estimate and it looks like the part they ordered is revision E.

Attachments

• D2FA362F-026C-4951-8E73-B0B3E84DFC68.png
    D2FA362F-026C-4951-8E73-B0B3E84DFC68.png
    408.7 KB · Views: 163
They worked on my Feb 2022 MSLR to fix backward lights (on when compartment closed, off when compartment open ). Long story short. They thought it was still broken even after replacing per attached invoice. I took video from inside the compartment to see it was fixed. The SA said it was still broken and so does the invoice. Pretty weird, I had to bring the SA out and show him it was working. I can't explain why they thought it was still broken. I left the SA scratching his head and proceeded home a happy camper.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230117_115443_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20230117_115443_Samsung Notes.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I checked the parts catalogue.

It looks like part 4400 is the actual consol frame with drawers, and part 4416 they ordered is the drawer cover / lid (the wood trim)
That's correct. Replacing 4416 should be enough since it includes the switches . It didn't work for me because they put a new one that was still manufactured incorrectly. Then they had to replace the entire console because they damaged it.

Can you show a screen capture of those two parts from the catalog.
see attached 3 screenshots, one showing the entire console assembly, one showing the “base” of the console you guys all got replaced (part labelled 1 in the diagram) and the part they ordered (part labelled 9).

Hopefully the screenshots are clear enough.

Tesla replied and said part ordered was the entire console, so maybe I am misreading it. Either way, if they can fix it, I’m happy :)

Attachments

• 812A1CDD-43D1-4D93-ACD9-9CDC16DECADC.png
    812A1CDD-43D1-4D93-ACD9-9CDC16DECADC.png
    360.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DCADCA93-80F2-45BD-B0AA-F63AEE52E17E.png
    DCADCA93-80F2-45BD-B0AA-F63AEE52E17E.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 46
  • D7C05D31-F600-42BF-860A-5C5A5F983911.png
    D7C05D31-F600-42BF-860A-5C5A5F983911.png
    268.8 KB · Views: 54
They’ve had the car for two days now, still working through it. Either they have tried to fix the switch without replacing the console trim part yet, replaced the top but realized they also need to replace the console base, or I don’t know what.

Keeping fingers crossed

They’ve had the car for two days now, still working through it. Either they have tried to fix the switch without replacing the console trim part yet, replaced the top but realized they also need to replace the console base, or I don’t know what.

Keeping fingers crossed
Crossed. It's a simple yet difficult logic problem. Iam also thinking that some on TMC just need a switch activation adjusted in relation to the position of the top slider.

Which one?
Was the switch on the lid.

I had my console wrapped with the TWraps carbon fiber wrap so I asked them if it was possible to salvage it.

They took it apart and replaced just the control module on it, so the original console was preserved. Took them 4 days on the repair.

I played with it today, drawers slide smoothly, no protruding screws, feels solidly reassembled, and all the lights work now :)

Reactions: zoomer0056
Was the switch on the lid.

I had my console wrapped with the TWraps carbon fiber wrap so I asked them if it was possible to salvage it.

They took it apart and replaced just the control module on it, so the original console was preserved. Took them 4 days on the repair.

I played with it today, drawers slide smoothly, no protruding screws, feels solidly reassembled, and all the lights work now :)
That's great! Which service center did the work?

I was one who had backwards lights (depending on your definition of how the lights should properly work).

Currently in the process of getting a flickering light replaced via mobile service. They brought a light and a console. They are trying to determine what to replace. Interested to see if they swap the console what my lights do.