Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid center console light turns off when fully opened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mid position can be used with the cup holder retracted, so the light should be on in mid-position as well. I agree more complex logic would make sense but I doubt the led strips are a big enough energy draw that it matters.

Actually, now that I say that it makes me wonder if it's worth just defeating the switch into the open position all the time...
Hmmm.

Wouldn't the light bleed through at night? That would be a distraction to say the least.

I just so wish it had been caught at initial production . . . . Taking apart such a large console just begs the introduction of squeaks and scratches.

Reactions: impastu and Cyb_
SOLUTION FOUND!

My Tesla Ranger replaced a single micro switch in the console and the system now operates normally.
Didn’t have to replace the whole console. Took an hour or two. Woot! Thanks to those posting their progress with this!
Mooooore details. Pleeeeease. You’ll be helping so many! Part number would be useful from the invoice.

Mine is in service right now for that issue (and a few others). We'll see what they come up with, but if you have more info I can give them please do tell!
Welp, they looked at it today… and pronounced it was normal. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

After agreeing it was weird, they checked another car on the lot, and when it acted the same, they decided it was just how it’s supposed to be. Never mind that I referred them to this thread and identified this problem as one that affects many cars built over a certain period. By that logic, I guess huge panel gaps and terrible weather stripping must be normal…

Which is exactly the response I got to the other issue I brought it in for. Apparently weather stripping that looks like this is normal too. On a $130K car.

Attachments

• A1FBC857-FD03-4CF3-A30B-E04A7BCA9E41.jpeg
    A1FBC857-FD03-4CF3-A30B-E04A7BCA9E41.jpeg
    390.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 92A24531-AF8D-4F7A-89B4-6F5D73AD8A2E.jpeg
    92A24531-AF8D-4F7A-89B4-6F5D73AD8A2E.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 61
  • ABAACC10-C723-4D62-A6B9-79F73F45F71D.jpeg
    ABAACC10-C723-4D62-A6B9-79F73F45F71D.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 56
  • EB534438-DED4-40E2-B56D-22562FA1D7EB.jpeg
    EB534438-DED4-40E2-B56D-22562FA1D7EB.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20F98AF9-787D-445A-AE76-E6D04DEE3144.jpeg
    20F98AF9-787D-445A-AE76-E6D04DEE3144.jpeg
    445.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Welp, they looked at it today… and pronounced it was normal. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

After agreeing it was weird, they checked another car on the lot, and when it acted the same, they decided it was just how it’s supposed to be. Never mind that I referred them to this thread and identified this problem as one that affects many cars built over a certain period. By that logic, I guess huge panel gaps and terrible weather stripping must be normal…

Which is exactly the response I got to the other issue I brought it in for. Apparently weather stripping that looks like this is normal too. On a $130K car.

Well, my rubber seal by the TESLA plates on the sills are up exactly like yours. You can take a hairdryer and warm it back into position, or put a little glue underneath it to stick it down. They're wrong about the center console, of course...

That's garbage. I was in an Uber today, some generic SUV and it had window and door seals that just worked! Imagine that.