Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Charges Past set Limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Plaid 2 charges ago, and both nights it charged to 97 & 98%, and it's set to 90.
I've had model S since 2014, and have 2 HPWC's, and I've seen this before on our other cars, but usually it's a 1 off thing.
Today I did a reboot.
Anyone else experiencing this with plaid?
Tonight I will set the limit to 80 and I hate having the battery sit at high SOC for long periods.

I took delivery of my Plaid 2 charges ago, and both nights it charged to 97 & 98%, and it's set to 90.
I've had model S since 2014, and have 2 HPWC's, and I've seen this before on our other cars, but usually it's a 1 off thing.
Today I did a reboot.
Anyone else experiencing this with plaid?
Tonight I will set the limit to 80 and I hate having the battery sit at high SOC for long periods.
No big deal. 98% is just 4 quick 1/4 mile runs to get it back down to 90%. Should take you about 38 - 39 seconds. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Muzzman1
...so this morning it charged from 25% to 88% after being set to charge to 80%. So it's going 8% over, Since I took delivery. I will just leave it at 80 and chalk it up to a future software update.

@omarsultan I vaguely remember you mentioning that the battery estimations are off. In my case I have 19's and the estimator is coming in at 355 when I plot out.
Was that resolved as well? The car is on 2021.12.4.9

...so this morning it charged from 25% to 88% after being set to charge to 80%. So it's going 8% over, Since I took delivery. I will just leave it at 80 and chalk it up to a future software update.

@omarsultan I vaguely remember you mentioning that the battery estimations are off. In my case I have 19's and the estimator is coming in at 355 when I plot out.
Was that resolved as well? The car is on 2021.12.4.9
Yeah, its seems like the BMS needs some time to calibrate--its settled down after a couple of weeks. The overcharging showed up with FW .3 -- in my case, I was setting to 90% and car was charging to 92%. The car has since settled down again (currently running .4), so maybe a FW thing or some BMS housekeeping along there way. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Muzzman1