Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PLAID damaged by TESLA minutes before delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
stop making excuses for Tesla, they are not going to do better until they are held accountable

Who's making excuses? Tesla sucks at quality, and their service is terrible.

My comment is - look at this from an opportunity cost standpoint. Who has the time to spend months complaining about a spoiler that costs a few hundred bucks? Tesla has provided horrible service, you can either be bitter and complain until you have an aneurysm, or just solve it yourself in the meantime, move on, and live a happier life.

Sometimes the best answer is just to do your mental health a favor, take a deep breath, and let it go.

Last edited:
Who's making excuses? Tesla sucks at quality, and their service is terrible.

My comment is - look at this from an opportunity cost standpoint. Who has the time to spend months complaining about a spoiler that costs a few hundred bucks? Tesla has provided horrible service, you can either be bitter and complain until you have an aneurysm, or just solve it yourself in the meantime, move on, and live a happier life.

Sometimes the best answer is just to do your mental health a favor, take a deep breath, and let it go.
I agree with you but these problems still exist. Parcel shelves, floor mats and even brake pads missing upon delivery. Missing parts on a car that someone purchased should not be accepted and should not be fixed by the purchaser. That is letting Tesla slide

Reactions: TessP100D
I agree with you but these problems still exist. Parcel shelves, floor mats and even brake pads missing upon delivery. Missing parts on a car that someone purchased should not be accepted and should not be fixed by the purchaser. That is letting Tesla slide

Yes, obviously. So give it the old college try to get it resolved.

But at the end of the day, for your own sanity, if they’re dragging you on for 8 months over a $50 part, just fix it yourself and move on.

You’re not teaching Tesla a lesson by grifting a service advisor over a missing floor mat, you’re just making yourself miserable.

stop making excuses for Tesla, they are not going to do better until they are held accountable
Couldn't agree more. Too many Tesla enablers. For the guy to want something that was promised is not wrong. For someone to say he should go spend $200 on a cheap one because Tesla can't deliver the one that was already paid for....is wrong.

Officially done with the sale of my Tesla and helping out the new buyer, have to jump through all of Tesla's hoops in the process. The stop allowing you to download insurance documents from the website. So now you have go to your phone, then e-mail it or download it to the computer so you can print out the proof of insurance card. Just stupid that you can't access anything via Microsoft windows anymore. Elon must have had some tissy fit with with Bill Gates.

Yeah, cars are cool, but definitely not missing this company.......AT ALL

Called Mercedes for a small issue on the car. They had it in and out the same day. Last time I had an issue with the Tesla, was 2 months just to be able to get it in, then another week for something that probably took them 30 minutes to fix.

Every time I see post like this, I just look up and say "Thank you", that I don't have to deal with their crap anymore!

Couldn't agree more. Too many Tesla enablers. For the guy to want something that was promised is not wrong. For someone to say he should go spend $200 on a cheap one because Tesla can't deliver the one that was already paid for....is wrong.

It is not "wrong" to act in your own self-interest. While I agree that this can sometimes enable further bad behavior, being a Tesla owner does not make one responsible for fixing all Tesla's issues, assuming it is even within your power to do so.

Plaid Model S rear spoiler is $1200

Plaid Model S rear spoiler is $1200

Assuming it's the same price as that one which is just for 2012-2020 models.

It is not "wrong" to act in your own self-interest. While I agree that this can sometimes enable further bad behavior, being a Tesla owner does not make one responsible for fixing all Tesla's issues, assuming it is even within your power to do so.
Being a single Tesla owner does not make it possible for you to solve all of Tesla's issues. But, it starts with one and hopefully others follow. If all Tesla owners stood up to them when they do something wrong, they do get the message. That's been the case with many stunts Tesla has already tried to pull in the past and almost immediately reversed course. Some of it has been way over the line. But, people need to stand up for themselves whenever they're right to do so.

Rivian was a good example as well. They've tried following the Tesla playbook in many respects. But, their customers have not taken any crap and they let it be known immediately. Rivian, so far, like Tesla, has reversed course when enough people stood up to them.