Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid door handles color.

it_manager

Sep 26, 2020
NJ07203
I would like to paint all chrome details of my Tesla Dual Motor Performance in black color, like Plaid. Please, let me know if Plaid door handles and all other chrome stuff are Matt black or Gloss black. Post the clear photos if possible, please. Can’t understand the right color from videos and have no Plaid in my country yet. Thank you.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
I would like to paint all chrome details of my Tesla Dual Motor Performance in black color, like Plaid. Please, let me know if Plaid door handles and all other chrome stuff are Matt black or Gloss black. Post the clear photos if possible, please. Can’t understand the right color from videos and have no Plaid in my country yet. Thank you.
Plaid trim is gloss black.

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
I think initialy the updated 2021 Model S was going to have handles with the same color as the door panel.
I think this was much nicer, especially for the white version. The black handles look very cheap, I prefer the chrome.

Bull

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Oct 25, 2020
Tucson, AZ
Here you go:
IMG_5759D.jpeg
IMG_5760D.jpeg
IMG_5761D.jpeg

Reactions: it_manager
Jul 10, 2021
SF BAY CA
You can actually order new handles from Tesla's parts department. You can probably get away with ordering a set of 4 and stripping them and painting them.

One of my handles had to be replaced because they mounted it wrong where it was rubbing and it took off some of the paint. They ended up just ordering a new black handle and replaced it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC