Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid facts and figures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings! I took delivery of the best car on the planet this week and couldn't be more thrilled.

Now I'm searching for resources, groups, clubs, and information sources to make my experience even better and share it with others.

My web searches have been rather unsatisfactory. There are a million videos of test drives, banal commentary, drag races and passenger reactions, but I want more and better!

First, simple question: how many Plaids have been delivered?

Other things I want to find (with current, 2021 links if possible):
Tracks where I can enjoy my car's unmatched performance
Tesla-specific performance driving training opportunities
Plaid meetups and owners' groups

Looking forward to connecting with current or future Plaid owners!

Thanks
-Andy

Greetings! I took delivery of the best car on the planet this week and couldn't be more thrilled.

Now I'm searching for resources, groups, clubs, and information sources to make my experience even better and share it with others.

My web searches have been rather unsatisfactory. There are a million videos of test drives, banal commentary, drag races and passenger reactions, but I want more and better!

First, simple question: how many Plaids have been delivered?
Won't know this until Tesla releases Q4 results in January. Then you can add the Q2 numbers and Q4 and have the number to date.
Other things I want to find (with current, 2021 links if possible):
Tracks where I can enjoy my car's unmatched performance
Track as in full circuit? If so V.I.R. has tons of HPDI days where you can go and run around on the track and even have an instructor help you.
If you mean a drag strip.... that's tricky since the Plaid can go faster than regs. allow for drag racing without a full cage and a parachute (I believe)
You can always call them and ask how they are treating the Plaid, and if you don't like the answer you can always get one full run in before they ask you to leave!
Tesla-specific performance driving training opportunities
Plaid meetups and owners' groups
This is the place for both of those - go to the main forum and look for your region. There will be places to find out for meet ups and cars and coffee type of events as well.
Looking forward to connecting with current or future Plaid owners!

Thanks
-Andy
Congrats Andy on your new Plaid-
I will try and answer what I can and maybe others can help too!

I have the same question although I have a standard 2022MS.
In 2021 in USA:
Tesla Model Y: 186,575.
Tesla Model 3: 150,654.
Tesla Model S/X: 23,687. [6.58%]
Tesla total in the U.S.: 360,916.
So the question [for me] is how many Plaids were sold in the USA in 2021.
Does anyone have an answer?

• Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
I have the same question although I have a standard 2022MS.
In 2021 in USA:
Tesla Model Y: 186,575.
Tesla Model 3: 150,654.
Tesla Model S/X: 23,687. [6.58%]
Tesla total in the U.S.: 360,916.
So the question [for me] is how many Plaids were sold in the USA in 2021.
Does anyone have an answer?
Yes Sir - go to Tesla Investor Relations and look at the slide deck for the 10K and it breaks literally everything down for you.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
Track time: Do not go into your first track experiences thinking about enjoying your car's unmatched performance. Focus on becoming a good enough driver to handle the Plaid. There are far too many examples on youtube, etc of people who think a plaid on a race track is some kind of amusement park ride and think the car will make them Lewis Hamilton.

Which is a good segue to your driver training question. There is nothing about a tesla that requires tesla-specific training. Put in a better way.... crawl before you walk before you run. Learn how to drive on track. Those core skills apply to any car, and should be considered pre-requisites for driving on track in anything, never mind a 1000+hp car that weighs 5000lbs. There are plenty of clubs in every region of the country that offer track days with instruction. Google motorsportreg or something like that and you can find everything you need. Look for groups that do in-car instruction combined with class room instruction. Not one or the other, both.

I find it interesting that the OP has made only one post [this one] since 15Nov21.
I still have similar unanswered questions. Specifically:
Where [in Southern California] can find a track where I drag race my 2022 MS [not a Plaid]?
and
Can anyone verify how many Plaids were sold in 2021? And in the 1Q/2022?

Tesla doesn't break out this kind of detail. In each quarter they only release the total worldwide number of S LR/Plaid and X LR/Plaid vehicles together in one lump number. For Q1-2022 this was 14,218 produced, and 14,724 delivered. The reason for the difference, in this case, is some cars were made in Q4-2021 quarter and were sold in Q1. My thumbnail guess is about 1500 Model S Plaid vehicles were sold in the USA in Q1.

Reactions: pvdoug