Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid FSD 10.2 thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the spreadsheet on the first thread here "PSA: If you have a "refreshed" MS LR or Plaid, it seems Telsa/EM decided to silently exclude you, no matter what your safety score was/is !!!"

After reading some of the reviews from those who have access to the FSD beta, I’m honestly no longer in a rush at the prospect of paying $$ to let a “child who just got their learners permit” drive my $130k Plaid.

Granted, I already knew that the beta was really just an alpha in sheep’s clothing, but all the reviews over the last 24 hours just reinforced my perception that it’s way too stressful to use/enjoy. Especially for a car like mine. Basic AP on highways is still the only thing really useful when it comes to driver assistance, IMHO. FSD is a bag of unreliable gimmicks still.

Reactions: Duke846
After reading some of the reviews from those who have access to the FSD beta, I’m honestly no longer in a rush at the prospect of paying $$ to let a “child who just got their learners permit” drive my $130k Plaid.

Granted, I already knew that the beta was really just an alpha in sheep’s clothing, but all the reviews over the last 24 hours just reinforced my perception that it’s way too stressful to use/enjoy. Especially for a car like mine. Basic AP on highways is still the only thing really useful when it comes to driver assistance, IMHO. FSD is a bag of unreliable gimmicks still.
Guess I am a sucker for gimmick :)

I have the 2021 Model S LR. Did not purchase FSD yet. I was told that enhanced autopilot is no longer an option and never was on the new Model S. Seems it is full FSD or nothing. I agree that many of the FSD features are very cool but don't think I would use them much (at least for now). However, features like basic summon and automatic lane changing when on AP I think would be very useful but I don't see any way of just getting those???

I have the 2021 Model S LR. Did not purchase FSD yet. I was told that enhanced autopilot is no longer an option and never was on the new Model S. Seems it is full FSD or nothing. I agree that many of the FSD features are very cool but don't think I would use them much (at least for now). However, features like basic summon and automatic lane changing when on AP I think would be very useful but I don't see any way of just getting those???
EAP is no longer, it was EAP or nothing , back in the day. A carryover from AP1 Technology Upgrade.
It makes more sense including basic autopilot, because not having it was not what you find in cars at the Model S & X level.

Correct, there’s no way to get Summon or Auto Lane Change in your car without getting FSD. You can try the FSD subscription at $199/month and decide whether it’s worth having.

Thanks for the confirmation. I do think that Tesla is missing a revenue opportunity here. After all it is just software. I would be willing to pay a subset of the $199/month for a subset of the FSD features. I do this all the time in my software business after all some incremental recurring revenue is better than none at all. I would think auto lane change, basic summon and the audible feedback when lights change would be a great enhanced AP package at less than the complete FSD package for those who don't want full FSD (or at least want to wait until It has completed the beta period).

I would be willing to pay a subset of the $199/month for a subset of the FSD features. I do this all the time in my software business after all some incremental recurring revenue is better than none at all.
Unless you disincentivize a significant number of people who would have otherwise bought the whole package from doing so by offering things unbundled.

Yes it totally sucks!
save money for tires!

Reactions: jebinc