Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Guidance for an older driver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you test driven one yet?

Why would you need someone to convince you to get one?🤔
I live in Orlando and they don't have a demo to drive and they told me that there are none nationwide. I found one at a Porsche dealer but I knew way more than the salesman who was nice enough to go out with me. We couldn't get a lot of the new features to work very well. I wanted to know if there was any way to control the air conditioning or fan from the steering yoke. I really like that feature here in Florida as the weather gets hot at the drop of a hat sometimes. I also wanted some tips on 3 point turns with a yoke in tight spots like a parking lot.

Reactions: SilverGS
Upvote 0
Dave, I'm more than 3/4 of a century old and got my Plaid in September. The yoke is not a problem. In fact I rather like it. It takes a few days to get used to it. No issues in any parking or turning maneuvers. The AC controls are on the touch screen and can be a bit distracting while driving. However, voice commands simplify everything. A button on the yoke opens up the microphone for voice commands.
I reside in FL also so anything below 65 degrees is cold to me. Just say "My feet are cold" and the temp goes up 3 degrees. Say "I'M hot" temp goes down 3 degrees. Say decrease temp. X degrees and it does it.
I do recommend you get window tint.
My Plaid produces more heat and/or cooling (quickly) than any other car I've owned. However, the swing in desired preset temperature varies a few degrees and sometimes I have to intervene with a voice command to adjust the temp up or down.
Hopefully Tesla will address this issue with a software update.

I've got several cars to drive but use the Plaid more than the rest.

Also a byproduct of the Plaid is dusting off the younger folks with their perceived hot cars when the light turns green.

Upvote 0