Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid interior seat trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here...I just ordered a Plaid X a week ago...no update as yet. In the meantime, Tesla put a link to other inventory options in my account...one of the possibilities was a non-Plaid in an interesting combo so I went to take a look this morning. The interior surprised me...it didn't the same seat trim as the Plaid...missing the contrasting bead material running down each side of the seats, which looks so much more finished.

I had no idea about the interior quality difference (beyond the carbon fiber) and it convinced me that I'll wait for the Plaid. Couldn't find any mention on the site under Plaid upgrades...I would think that if it were featured it would cause more people to upgrade, particularly those who want the 6 seats (where the price gap is nominal between the two).

Did I miss something? Or, is the trim difference a new thing?

Newbie here...I just ordered a Plaid X a week ago...no update as yet. In the meantime, Tesla put a link to other inventory options in my account...one of the possibilities was a non-Plaid in an interesting combo so I went to take a look this morning. The interior surprised me...it didn't the same seat trim as the Plaid...missing the contrasting bead material running down each side of the seats, which looks so much more finished.

I had no idea about the interior quality difference (beyond the carbon fiber) and it convinced me that I'll wait for the Plaid. Couldn't find any mention on the site under Plaid upgrades...I would think that if it were featured it would cause more people to upgrade, particularly those who want the 6 seats (where the price gap is nominal between the two).

Did I miss something? Or, is the trim difference a new thing?
I agree, that helped convince me to stay with the Plaid too.

Yep, seesm like a no brainer...difference in price between a 6 seat Plaid X and an XLR is $3,500. You get all the Plaid perfrmance mods + CF + nicer leather (or whatever it is). Yet, many 6 seat XLR's get built. Gotta believe that a bunch of buyers have no idea about the interior difference.