Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid... is it real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If looks like gpdriver is correct. I think I first heard about it on the episode of Tesla Daily’ from the 12th of February. At 4:10, “the Motortrend spec 0-60 test came in at 1.96 seconds.” If you listen, it sounds like he said, “in the Motortrend test, 0-60 came in at 1.96.” This is an article about it..
That says “on the motortrend spec” not that motortrend tested it. That sounds like they’re saying with a 1 foot roll out like motor trend does.

Reactions: Drew-MS
You said you heard motortrend recently tested the vehicle.
Was hoping that was true and the vehicle was ready enough to have the press have a go at it.
My mistake.. I mentioned in my post above , in the Tesla Daily video I watched a few weeks ago, I thought he said “in a motor trend test, 0-60 came in at 1.96” but I listened again this morning and he didn’t say “in a motor trend test” , he said “in a motor trend spec, 0-60 came in at 1.96.”
Even If it was a motor trend test, the outcome would be the same since they always use the 1’ rollout.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMPd