Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Model 3, anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tweeted this at Elon for the heck of it -

Common Elon - Give us a plaid-3 ! - Center seat, bats. on both sides, 2 buckets in back, more bats. in center, motors of your choice. The rest can stay as is...

Who needs a Roadster when a Plaid 3 could do the trick on the cheap (relatively) ?

• Funny
Reactions: NJturtlePower
This is not so great in my opinion... But food for thought anyway...

- And if you robotaxi it - only the rear buckets would be available for rent.
- Driver's seat is off limits, It can only be driven in plaid by you!

Photo attribution - McLaren F1 GT Interior
7445035290_5b036ed8e2_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'd deal with 4 (vs 5) seats but not that center mounted bit, too much lost utility. I do like the notion of a faster 3 since my bank account mocks me when I think about the Roadster
Sure would be nice to have a Plaid 3 and Cybertruck for less than the price of a Roadster!
For me at least, the center seat (3-seater) would be the most attractive part, but I can go with a 4-seater too.

Reactions: Msjulie
Hmmm... A random thought just now... In Tesla keeping with the higher end having the better acceleration.... Current Model S = Ludicrous, Model 3 = Performance. Soon Model S Plaid, Model 3 Ludicrous perhaps?

Another random thought - it could be a luxury robotaxi. The 2 rear seats could recline and the legs can stretch out over the side battery boxes. (add massage, heat, and more luxury stuff between the rear seats, champagne anyone? etc.)...
Common Tesla, you have more imagination that me - make this the ultimate 3, in performance and luxury.

:oops: Correction - to OP and original tweet: "C'mon uncommon Elon..." etc. :oops:
(I fixed it on Twitter too, but I'm sure nobody read it anyway, least of all Elon himself.)
I think we can all agree - Elon is not "common". :D