Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Model X in Santa Cruz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Not sure if these have been seen out and about regularly, but I was in Santa Cruz over the weekend and a Model X caught my eye due to the wheels, closer inspection I saw the blacked out door handles and figured it was a plaid.. anyhow, thought I would share

Attachments

• 20210724_183434.jpg
    20210724_183434.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 20210724_183510.jpg
    20210724_183510.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 136
That's a different 22" tire than the outgoing model got in the US. Maybe testing a euro summer fitment? Looks like a Conti SportContact 6 or something?

Those will look a lot better in gunmetal. WTF is that little tab at the outside of each spoke? Turbulator? Wheel weights for balancing? That'll drive the toothbrush and wheel wax crowd nuts lol

That's a different 22" tire than the outgoing model got in the US. Maybe testing a euro summer fitment? Looks like a Conti SportContact 6 or something?

Those will look a lot better in gunmetal. WTF is that little tab at the outside of each spoke? Turbulator? Wheel weights for balancing? That'll drive the toothbrush and wheel wax crowd nuts lol
The tabs look like reinforcements. Perhaps they are needed for the high torque of the Plaid model.

Build quality seems as suspect as ever. I think the S plaid mules also looked suspect. Only until customer deliveries was it confirmed as better build quality (though perhaps it was just the initial push as build issues have been more widely reported now with the S).

To me, they still have issues combining the segments of the car and keeping it flush and tight.