Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Model X in Santa Cruz

Blup85

Oct 26, 2016
Chico
Hi all,
Not sure if these have been seen out and about regularly, but I was in Santa Cruz over the weekend and a Model X caught my eye due to the wheels, closer inspection I saw the blacked out door handles and figured it was a plaid.. anyhow, thought I would share

Attachments

• 20210724_183434.jpg
    20210724_183434.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 20210724_183510.jpg
    20210724_183510.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 95

El joe

Jan 29, 2019
SF Bay Area, CA
Hi all,
Not sure if these have been seen out and about regularly, but I was in Santa Cruz over the weekend and a Model X caught my eye due to the wheels, closer inspection I saw the blacked out door handles and figured it was a plaid.. anyhow, thought I would share
Nice! Helps that it says “Plaid” on the back. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Blup85

djillusion

Mar 19, 2020
Chicago
i gotta say it. the "plaid" badge is so underwhelming too. not looking for something completely on the other spectrum with "look at me!!" but geez its really blah.

are the front headlights are the same as previous years?

Reactions: NHK X and Vitaman

Vitaman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2014
Decatur, GA
Thought I was the only one that thought the Plaid badge looked like an aftermarket idea that was released before it was ready.

NHK X

Nov 18, 2017
PNW
Model S has wider body and new wheels and sits lower, presuming this new x is same as before from the photos? Anyone have any info?

jboy210

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Hi all,
Do you have any pictures of the interior?

VikH

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Nov 23, 2015
Midwest, USA
Model S has wider body and new wheels and sits lower, presuming this new x is same as before from the photos? Anyone have any info?

From everything we have been told, the body of the refresh Model X is exactly the same as old.

Reactions: NHK X

ZZ_KITT

Mar 10, 2019
Redwood City, CA
i gotta say it. the "plaid" badge is so underwhelming too. not looking for something completely on the other spectrum with "look at me!!" but geez its really blah.

are the front headlights are the same as previous years?
there is a better Plaid emblem on eBay which resembles the launch color scheme; some owners recently added this to their Plaid.

Richbot

Oct 16, 2020
STL
That's a different 22" tire than the outgoing model got in the US. Maybe testing a euro summer fitment? Looks like a Conti SportContact 6 or something?

Those will look a lot better in gunmetal. WTF is that little tab at the outside of each spoke? Turbulator? Wheel weights for balancing? That'll drive the toothbrush and wheel wax crowd nuts lol

jboy210

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
That's a different 22" tire than the outgoing model got in the US. Maybe testing a euro summer fitment? Looks like a Conti SportContact 6 or something?

Those will look a lot better in gunmetal. WTF is that little tab at the outside of each spoke? Turbulator? Wheel weights for balancing? That'll drive the toothbrush and wheel wax crowd nuts lol
The tabs look like reinforcements. Perhaps they are needed for the high torque of the Plaid model.

croman

Nov 21, 2016
Chicago, IL
Build quality seems as suspect as ever. I think the S plaid mules also looked suspect. Only until customer deliveries was it confirmed as better build quality (though perhaps it was just the initial push as build issues have been more widely reported now with the S).

To me, they still have issues combining the segments of the car and keeping it flush and tight.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC