Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid order text

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a text from Tesla today.

"Hi Gary! This is Tesla, reaching out about your Model S Plaid order. We have recently made updates that you can view on our website: Design Your Model S | Tesla. The Plaid version is estimated to be available in March 2021 and the Plaid Plus version late 2021. Please let us know if you have any questions as you review these options."

When I go the website I see that there are pricing changes, higher than my reservation. If I want to upgrade from Plaid to Plaid Plus do I lose my current pricing?

Is it me or do those arachnid wheels look like they are the one nut wheels like on the roadster?

7532E2A0-5F98-4A71-86DF-086BF8020455.png

Talked with the sales advisor yesterday about our plaid order. He strongly emphasized not making any changes before someone from Tesla actually calls you. Prices may have changed since you placed your original order and changes could increase your out the door price. Pretty easy to just wait. Sounded like there was a price increase on everything except the plaid +.

We're going to follow his advice and just wait to do anything until they say we're ready for you to build your complete car.