Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid owner experience: Melted chargeport, Passenger door pops open while driving, AP Cameras bugged. 21 days in service in first month of ownership.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...You can ask me...

What's LV3? I Assume it's Las Vegas Level 3, 250 kW Supercharger?

It's disheartening that you had to fight for your rights. Customers should not have to become lawyers to get a new car warranty service!

A meltdown charge port renders the car useless because it can't be charged anymore so Tesla's attempt to charge you for the tow is outrageous.

Tesla should pay you for being its QC member instead of ripping you off!

Wow - sorry to hear you are having so many issues. This is the main reason I am not inclined to order a refreshed Model X. Being an early adopter of a refresh is no small feat. Rich Rebuilds showed in his Plaid rundown that there are a lot of changes to internal components in addition to the exterior stuff meaning a lot of opportunities for new bugs and issues to creep up.

What's LV3? I Assume it's Las Vegas Level 3, 250 kW Supercharger?

It's disheartening that you had to fight for your rights. Customers should not have to become lawyers to get a new car warranty service!

A meltdown charge port renders the car useless because it can't be charged anymore so Tesla's attempt to charge you for the tow is outrageous.

Tesla should pay you for being its QC member instead of ripping you off!

Happened at the Flemington NJ supercharger. LV3 as in Level 3, 250 kW.

Auch, so sorry to hear about this, it sucks!
I also had issues with mine, though different... about 3 weeks into ownership and 2800 miles, my battery (the big one) died, so it had to be replaced which took almost 3 weeks. Not sure where you are and what laws you have there, but check about the Lemon Law, if they keep your car too long (I think more than 30 days for CA) you can either get your money back or a new car. Although I suppose it makes more sense to just hope they will fix it soon and forget about this.

Wow - sorry to hear you are having so many issues. This is the main reason I am not inclined to order a refreshed Model X. Being an early adopter of a refresh is no small feat. Rich Rebuilds showed in his Plaid rundown that there are a lot of changes to internal components in addition to the exterior stuff meaning a lot of opportunities for new bugs and issues to creep up.

They really screwed up QC this time. Best choice might just be to move S/X production to Giga Austin.

Auch, so sorry to hear about this, it sucks!
I also had issues with mine, though different... about 3 weeks into ownership and 2800 miles, my battery (the big one) died, so it had to be replaced which took almost 3 weeks. Not sure where you are and what laws you have there, but check about the Lemon Law, if they keep your car too long (I think more than 30 days for CA) you can either get your money back or a new car. Although I suppose it makes more sense to just hope they will fix it soon and forget about this.

I'm at 21 days and definitely 3 documented attempts to fix the AP camera calibration. I'd probably count this wait time right now as being out-of-service as well, it's ridiculous they're putting me in a 2-week queue to fix a door that pops open while driving.

I'm at 21 days and definitely 3 documented attempts to fix the AP camera calibration. I'd probably count this wait time right now as being out-of-service as well, it's ridiculous they're putting me in a 2-week queue to fix a door that pops open while driving.
Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love Tesla's vehicles and engineering, and I know sh*t happens, but this is where SCs are supposed to step in and make us happy and keep us loyal...unfortunately sometimes that's not the case :(

Before Tesla I used to drive BMWs and while they are inferior cars to Tesla's, I must admit they've always treated me like a king when something happened to the car 🤷🏻‍♂️

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love Tesla's vehicles and engineering, and I know sh*t happens, but this is where SCs are supposed to step in and make us happy and keep us loyal...unfortunately sometimes that's not the case :(

Before Tesla I used to drive BMWs and while they are inferior cars to Tesla's, I must admit they've always treated me like a king when something happened to the car 🤷🏻‍♂️

1632032500644.png

1632032424570.png

1632032552482.png

1632032440146.png

1632032446930.png

Springfield NJ just did a couple launches in my car (without notifying me at all) and then proceeded to tell me my issue was within spec.

:)

I think it’s normal practice that they drive the cars to test something. Did it with mine too (I have a hidden AirTag in it so I can monitor it just in case)…
What’s that picture of? Looks like the trunk liner… I can check mine just so we know if it’s the same, just clarify what are we looking for?

I think it’s normal practice that they drive the cars to test something. Did it with mine too (I have a hidden AirTag in it so I can monitor it just in case)…
What’s that picture of? Looks like the trunk liner… I can check mine just so we know if it’s the same, just clarify what are we looking for?

Put the rear seats down and check the seam between the rear cargo and the rear seats. Mine was flat on the left side but arching upwards towards the right.

Hm indeed. That must be an easy fix though. I lifted the liner up to see what's under it and it's just a sound deadening material. Perhaps yours is misaligned and they just need to remove it and re-glue it...not sure. But should be an easy fix.

Once you get the door pops open when driving issue resolved, I'd file a safety complaint w/NHTSA via safercar.gov.

Reactions: Issaction
This is absolutely ridiculous, unacceptable, and deserves media attention. If you rush a product out this is what you get.

I would demand a refund per Pennsylvania Lemon Law. If they don't comply due to not being in service for 30 days total I would keep sending it back and then demand it. After that a lawyer would probably need to be involved.

This is not a $13,000 Mitsubishi Mirage and Tesla is no longer a startup. They are the most valuable automotive manufacturer in the world.

This is absolutely ridiculous, unacceptable, and deserves media attention. If you rush a product out this is what you get.

I would demand a refund per Pennsylvania Lemon Law. If they don't comply due to not being in service for 30 days total I would keep sending it back and then demand it. After that a lawyer would probably need to be involved.

This is not a $13,000 Mitsubishi Mirage and Tesla is no longer a startup. They are the most valuable automotive manufacturer in the world.

I'm getting in touch with a lawyer on Monday ;-;